Chapter One

So, this story is the brainchild of Clo Rodeffer (Heart For Twilight) and Josie Beckmann (Tufano79). We'd gotten to talking and that talking turned to planning and the planning turned into this collaboration, Fire of your Soul. As we were working on this plan (which came together after about a week of planning, and that's shockingly fast), we realized that this is something special, hopefully. With that said, both Clo and Josie are busy ... working full time (or for Josie, full time starting in August ... she's recuperating from ankle surgery at the moment). Updates will come when they come and if we can get a surplus of chapters, we'll be able to give you an update schedule.

Anyhow, here's the extended summary for you.

In the blink of an eye, your world can change. You can experience the greatest happiness ... or succumb to the world's worst pain, losing someone that had no reason to die ...

Edward Cullen, a decorated fireman, after losing a woman in a deadly apartment fire, left his life and family in Seattle, trying to escape the ghost of the beautiful woman, the concert mistress of Seattle Symphony. He stayed away from Seattle, living in Boston, working as an arson investigator until his mother called him, informing him that she had cancer. Without a second thought, Edward moved home to help his family.

Dr. Isabella Swan, a renowned oncologist, specializing in women's cancers, went through the paces of life. Her mother, an ovarian cancer survivor, was her impetus to become a doctor. However, she was closed-off and had been for many years ... since the death of her twin sister, Angela, in an apartment fire. Bella focused on her job, working to forget the empty pain of losing her soul mate. Even eight years after her death, Bella was profoundly broken because of it. She never let anyone in ... Until ... a handsome, sexy man and a son of one of her patients ... Edward Cullen ...

Everything in her mind told her it was wrong, but in the blink of an eye, your world can change. You can experience the greatest happiness. Your life can come back to life, especially when you find your new soul mate ... the Fire of your Soul.

Fire of your Soul

A/N: None of this is ours ... we're both just pervy women who like to play in the land that Stephenie Meyer created, making Edward and Bella have a realistic sex life (none of this fade to black shit). No copyright infringement is intended. Thanks for reading!

Chapter One

Pulling up to his fire station, Edward sat in his vehicle enjoying the last few moments of air conditioning before stepping out in the oppressive heat. Unlike the cool, rainy weather that he had been accustomed to living in Seattle all his life, it had been hot, low humidity, and extremely dry. The forecasters predicted that they wouldn't see rain for at least another week, possibly two and the daytime highs would be reaching into the nineties, which was an oddity in the Pacific Northwest.

The arid conditions had been the catalyst for several fires throughout the city. Edward's fire station had been out on so many fires that all the men were exhausted, and this was very dangerous. The reality of making mistakes could be life-threatening. Firemen needed to be refreshed and alert when fighting fires because a moment of distraction could lead to a disastrous outcome and that is why Tyler was out of action for at least six to eight weeks. They were fighting a house fire, when he stepped through a hole, breaking his ankle. Being down one man on the team, meant that everyone had to pick up the slack.

Stepping out of his 1969 Ford Bronco, Edward was hit by the oppressive heat, along with a strong hot breeze. Fuck, this was going to make the dry conditions even more dangerous, he thought, shouldering his duffel bag. The only thing he was thankful for was that he was called in the evening, covering for another man on his crew and he wouldn't have to be out in the blistering sun for a majority of his time at the station. Walking in, he saw the crew was putting away the equipment after they had returned from a call. They were covered in thick black film, mixed with sweat and water, that came from fighting a fire in a closed in place.