Chapter Thirteen

As soon as Harry left the room to find Naill, Louis felt the urge to stop him. He didn’t want someone as vulnerable as Harry to be talking to Naill when he was in the rage that he was in. 
Louis did what he felt was right. He sprinted after his best friend. He remembered the promise he had made to Harry; he wouldn’t let him go through difficult times alone. 
He made it out the hall and turned the corner to Niall’s room. When he got there he saw Harry standing in front of the door like he was visualizing the situation that would take place as soon as he went inside. 
“Harry, wait!” 
”Louis what are you doing here?” Harry questioned. 
Louis took a deep breath. “I didn’t want you to have to talk to Niall alone. I know that when he is mad he says things that he regrets later. It can be harsh and I don’t want you to hear that without someone by your side.”

 Harry could feel tears filling his eyes. He knew he probably looked completely foolish at the moment but he didn’t even care. Louis cared about him and that was all that mattered. He remembered the promise. 
Louis lifted his hand and rested it upon Harry’s cheek. He raised his thumb and gently wiped away the tears that had fallen from Harry’s eyes. His touch soothed him and made his heart flutter. 
”I meant what I said Harry. I’ll look after you.”
Harry nodded and continued to stare into his eyes. As much ad he wanted to stay in this moment for forever and have Louis by his side for comfort, he knew he needed to talk to Niall alone. 
”Lou, thank you.” Harry stuttered out. “You being here means more to me than anything. But I need to talk to Niall alone.”
Louis nodded his head. “I expected you to say that. You are very strong Haz.”

”Thanks boobear”. Harry smiled cheekily and Louis grinned in return. 

With that Louis took one last look at Harry, smiled, and then turned to go back to there apartment. 

Harry stared as he made his way down the hallway. There was something else Harry wanted to say; needed to say. 
”Louis, wait!”
Louis’s head snapped back in response. 
”Wait for me.”
Louis stared at him not quite sure of what he meant. 
Harry gathered all of his courage. “Wait for me in my room so we can talk some more. I miss you Lou.” 
Louis knew he was referring to all of the time he had spent with Eleanor. It made him feel so guilty. He had abandoned the one person who had always been there for him, who had seen him through the good and bad times. 
”Of course I’ll wait.” 
Harry smiled and placed his hand on Niall’s door about to knock. That is until Louis’s voice interrupted his actions. 
”Oh and haz, I’ve missed you too.”

After Louis made his way down the hall, Harry finally knocked on Niall’s door. 
”LEAVE ME ALONE LIAM.” Harry heard from behind the door.  
”Ughh Niall, it’s me…Harry.”

There was a silence as Harry just stood leaning against the door in front of him.

Finally Niall spoke again. ”I don’t want to talk Harry.” 
”Please Niall, just let me come in.”
After a minute or two Harry heard the door click and he opened it and stepped in. 
 Niall sat on the couch staring at the television screen. Harry could tell he was not really watching. 
”Niall, I know you’re mad, but I can explain. Don’t be mad at Liam. He was just being a good friend to me. I made him promise not to tell anyone anything and so he was just trying to keep me happy, which I now realize wasn’t fair on him, I should have realized others would get hurt in the process.”
Niall looked at him for the first time since he came in. “I guess that makes sense. I understand why Liam did what he did; I probably would have done the same if I was in his position. But what put him in that position Harry? What does he know? I thought that the cutting was your only secret, but I guess I was wrong.” Niall looked down defeated. 
”Wait, how did you know about the cutting?”
”I figured it out. But that’s beside the point. I just want to know what is going on.” 
Harry took a deep breath, he stated at the TV and tried to gather his composure before he turned back to face Niall. 
”What Liam found out is the reason behind my self harm. I didn’t tell him. He found out.”
”Well what did he find out…….?” 
Harry closed his eyes and opened his mouth. “He found out that I am in love with Louis.” 
There was a moment of silence. Harry remained with his eyes closed in fear of facing Niall. 
”OH MY GOD I KNEW IT.”
With that, Harry’s eyes snapped open and he stared out Niall in shock. “You what…?!??” 
”I FUCKING KNEW IT. ALL THIS TIME EVERYONE THOUGHT IT WAS ALL FOR THE CAMERAS BUT I KNEW IT. I KNOW REAL LOVE WHEN I SEE IT HARRY. YOU CAN’T FOOL NIALL HORAN.” Niall was now off the couch and jumping around excitedly.  
Harry was too shocked to speak. “What do you mean you know real love when you see it.?” 
”The way you guys look at each other! It’s so obvious. I mean Zayn always said it was because you were best mates but I thought differently. The way you guys stare at each other with so much love and admiration’ it’s incredible!”
Harry was again left in shock. “No Niall, you don’t understand, I am in love with Louis, but he doesn’t love me. He is straight! He is with Eleanor!”
”Correction Harry, he was with Eleanor! Now is your chance to finally tell him you love him! Louis feels the same way, I know it. And so do a lot of the fans! I mean haven’t you heard of Larry Stylinson for gods sakes?! Everyone wants you together! So just get together!” 
”Niall it’s not that simple, and it’s not like that. Louis will never love me like that.”
Niall opened his mouth to speak but Harry cut him off. “I am tired; I am gonna go back to my room and go to bed. Goodnight Niall.” 
”GOODNIGHT LOVERBOY!” Niall called after him, still dancing around happily, with a giant smile plastered on his face.

Harry walked down the hall and back to the apartment. He was so confused. That was the complete opposite of what he expected. He got to his room and found Louis asleep under the covers. Harry stood in the doorframe and stared at his friend. He was beautiful even when he was sleeping. Harry remembered how he had said he wanted Louis to stay awake so they could talk more; but in that moment, it didn't matter. Harry realized that now that Louis wasn't with Eleanor anymore, they would have all the time in the world to talk, he smiled at this thought. Harry stripped down to his boxers and made his way under the covers. He snuggled into Louis and put his arm around his waist. Louis immediately shifted closer into Harry until there was no space left between them. 

For the first time in a while, Harry drifted off to sleep with a smile on his face.