tmr → nineteen

Start bij het begin

"Why didn't you tell me before we left there?"

Poe paused, unable to answer that, instead he responded, "Does that question even matter?" Minho stared at Poe in perplex, "Look, you know what? Maybe I'll go in there and fetch it myself if you're not going—" Poe began to walk and headed for the doors.

But Minho stopped, "Alright, alright! I'll go back in there and check on the Griever" the Keeper sighed peevishly. "Look, just give me a little time, I might need a little help so I gotta gather few Gladers to help me. Just stay put and don't move around too much" Minho nudged Poe's arm to sat back down and Poe did so. "You better be right about this. If not, I'll slice your other leg"

Poe just nodded in response.

"You—" Minho tapped Nico's arm, "if you're up to check out the dead Griever, you're welcome to come along" Minho walked back to the hut as Nico reluctantly followed him.

Within the hour, Poe seen Minho leading with five other Gladers, one of them was Nico, he recognized one of them as Thomas, there was also Teo and even Winston. Now he has to wait for them to come back.

Not long before Newt approached Poe, still seated on his hammock.

"You know, maybe it was a good thing that you denied about knowing that girl" said Newt. Poe raised a brow as he glanced up at him. "Saw the way you looked at the girl, like you've seen her before"

"I really do not know her, Newt" Poe was honest, "I mean yeah, I've seen her in memories but... I don't even know her name or who she really is"

"Like I said, good thing you lied to Gally about her, who knows what he would've done or what he would've said to you" Newt stepped closer then leaned against a tree that stood beside Poe. "He has a lot of speculations on Thomas already, like he blames him, I think he's about to lose his mind soon"

"Aren't you the leader at the moment? You're making the calls right now, aren't you? Can't you just— shut him up, or something?"

Newt winced, "Gally is... Gally." He shrugged, "he's extremely stubborn, and believes that he's in charge too. He has a lot of friends around here than I do. Right now, I'm just trying not to poke the lion"

Poe snorted and shook his head lightly.

"Anyway, have you seen Minho, or Thomas? Can't seem to find them"

Poe didn't respond to his question. Newt has no idea that Minho, Thomas and couple of others have left into the maze little while ago.

"Poe?" Newt had the tone of suspicion.

"I asked Minho to go back out there to check the dead Griever"

Poe could already tell that Newt was annoyed, strangely he could feel the annoyance raging from the guy. "After everything you, Minho and Thomas went through last—"

"I know, I know" Poe trailed him off, he grabbed the crutch, he got onto his feet, "It's important that they check it, you'll see" God, he hoped Minho and Thomas do find something from the Griever. He leaned onto the crutch under his armpit and he began to make his way to the picnic area.

It was a moment later that Newt caught up to him as he was halfway there. "Hey uhm—" Newt nudged Poe's arm. He stopped and look at the Second in Command. "Listen— I never had a chance to say this before but... I'm really glad that you're okay. Really I am" he was very sincere.