Chapter 7

Ch. 7 of Complications

Luke's POV:

After all, how bad could her mom be? I've met tons of moms before, most briefly, but I'm not that worried.

Plus, her mom seems pretty cool since she let her stay the night with me.

"I have to tell you something before you meet her." Raven stares at the ground as she walks beside me down the hotel hallway.

"What?" I ask her and I start feeling nervous in the pit of my stomach.

"It's nothing to do with you, I promise." She must've noticed my nervousness.

"Oh," phew. "Well then, what is it?"

"She's in a wheelchair. I just didn't want you to freak out or something when you met her. And she doesn't like talking about it, so I'll just explain everything to you later." She lets out a sigh.

I stop, put my hands on her shoulders, and turn her to face me. Her face turns upwards and her eyes meet mine. "Look, nothing's changing the way I feel about you. Your mom being in a wheelchair doesn't make me like you any less." I say and kiss her forehead, because honestly, I'm too lazy to bend down to kiss her lips right now.

Her face instantly lights up. "Okay."

When we get to the hotel lobby, there's a few flashes, but it's not like it matters. None of those stupid people that stalk people for a living can prove shit.

We get outside and wave for a taxi.

Once we get in, Raven scoots close to me, and lays her head on my shoulder.

Raven's POV:

Here we are at my apartment building, for the second time.

But this time Luke was walking in with me.

We walk up the stairs, through the door, and down the hallway.

I give Luke a reassuring smile as I turn the knob and walk in with him following close behind.

It's about 3PM so my mom should be awake.

"Mooommm!" I call.

"In here, honey! Give me a sec." She calls from her room.

I look at Luke, and he's looking at old pictures of me that are hanging on the wall.

"Oh god, those are horrible." I say and feel my cheeks flush as his blue eyes meet mine and he smiles a half smile, showing his dimple.

"You were cute." He laughs. "Still are." He pokes my nose, and we both laugh.

"Well, isn't that just adorable?" My mom says from behind us, scaring me.

"God, mom, you scared me!" I yelp.

She laughs softly. "Sorry." She turns her attention towards Luke. "This is the cutest boy ever that you've been gushing to me about for a whole year now?"

Luke blushes and so do I. "Mom! Shut up!" I laugh awkwardly and look at the ground.

I feel Luke's finger on my chin, pulling my face upwards to look at his. "It's fine. Don't be embarrassed." He smiles and I believe him.

I clear my throat. "Yeah, um, mom, this is Luke Hemmings."

Luke holds out his hand, and my mom does the same.

"Nice to meet you finally, Luke. I'm Grace." She smiles softly at him.

"Wow," he says. "You and your daughter both have such beautiful names."

I feel my cheeks flush once again, and my mom smiles wide.

"Thank you, Luke!" She exclaims.

I bite at my cheek, and wait for someone to say something.

Finally my mom does. "Well, I hate to cut this off short, but Amy is taking me out to a movie and dinner!"

"Wow mom, you haven't been out in so long. I'm so happy for you." I gush and bend down to hug her.

"Oh honey, thank you." She says into my hair.

I let her go, and as I turn to face Luke there's a knock on the door.

"That must be Amy!" My mom smiles and wheels towards the door.

Once the door opens, Amy steps inside to help my mom.

She notices Luke and goes wide-eyed. But doesn't say anything.

Before they leave, my mom calls out, "have fun you two!" And the door closes.

"Oh, we'll have fun alright." Luke laughs loudly and picks me up, placing me over his shoulder and carrying me around the apartment until he finds my room, then he lays me on my bed.

(A/N: SORRRRRY for the short chapter! I just felt that was a good way to end it :) are you guys enjoying this so far?? Please don't forget to vote and comment! <3)