Prologue

{This story is 100% mine please do not copy it in anyway. The characters are all fictional ones made up in my head. Please leave your thoughts in the comments. I know this is not the best and I feel it is worse since I typed it up on my phone but please keep reading because it will get better and less cliche!}

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Prologue

It is the end of summer. Suddenly all the worries of the real world seemed to be crashing down.

I am 21 and a soon to be junior in college. I live in New York and of course upon the families wishes, also known as brain wash, I go to NYU. I'm gonna be a doctor, of course, I mean what other profession is there? Well in my family? None! You are either a doctor of some sort or you no longer are invited to holiday dinners.

Hence the reason I am mourning the loss of summer by drowning myself in shots and ignoring the happy people buzzing around me.

All of the sudden the sound of loud music and slutty girls grinding on hopeful guys becomes to much. Picking up what I am pretty sure is my purse I walk out of the club leaving behind some fellow class mates.

The streets are dark, but I'm not afraid. I don't know if it is because I am so drunk off my ass or because I'm just that stupid.

The noise of the world almost fades in and out and I can't help but to wobble. I should call a cab, but I doubt I would even be able to dial the numbers.

With one wrong step I trip on a can and find myself tripping forward, flailing my arms in a desperate attempt to catch my self. Lucky for me I fall into a building wall and let out an 'oomf' as the air is knocked out of my lungs.

"You should not have drinken so much." Says a deep almost growling voice. My head snaps up, I know this is a mistake when my vision spins and I would have have fallen if I hadn't already. I focus my gaze to meet the brightest golden eyes I have ever seen. A chill spreads over the expanse of my body as the hair on the back of my neck rises. I push my self off the side of the building.
"Thanks I'll keep that advice in mind." I say and try to side step the overly tall man who stands in front of me.
He follows my movement blocking me from walking forward. Before I can blink he closed in the feet between us standing so close I can smell him.
"Haha wow you smell so good! Like um some sort of tree and sort of minty. You know the tree with the pointy things on them? They are also massively tall, kinda like you!" I babble on and even though the words are clear in my head they come out slurred and fast.
"You need to talk less." He says his face holding no emotion his jaw clenched.
I guess my rational part is kicking in because suddenly fear begins to sink into my gut. Slowly I start to take steps back. He watches me his eyes narrowing. I turn as fast a I can and begin to run down the side walk back the way I came.
I dont get far before my feet are lifted of of the ground and thrown over a strong shoulder. The stranger tucks his arm around my legs at the joints of my knees.
Since I can't kick him I proceed to scream and pound as hard as I can on his back. He only squeezes me legs tighter and huffs.
Walking to a grey SUV he opens the back door and throws me in like a bag of dirty laundry. He slams the door before I can even sit up. I immediately begin to pull on the handles and press the window buttons hoping for them to come open. Nothing happens.
"Relax. Now." He warns his voice cold enough that I would swear the temperature in the car dropped.I don't know why but I nod at him.
He pulls out of his parking spot and begins to drive. I suddenly feel dizzy and lay down across the seats. I stare up at the man who just snatched me off the street. I can see his head and part of his shoulders. His eyes reflection in the rearview mirror. They look blue. A dark royal blue.
My vision begins to blur as the world spins around me. The last thought to enter my head is "His eyes changed colours."