Chapter 7

After getting away from Edgard and Lucas, he quickly ran from the village while make sure that no one followed him.

When he noticed the distance with the village was far enough and no one followed him, he stopped running for a while and adjusting his breath.

Naoki is really grateful for being able to escape from those capturable characters. But at the same time he feels like there is something wrong with the previous event before.

When Naoki activated the Earth Wave skill and managed to surprised Di Carbell brothers, he was sure that Lucas will do something to confront his skills and quickly try to stop him from running away. Since Edgard can't do anything much because of his exhausted condition after many attempt of attacking him (which Naoki mostly dodge), Naoki guessed Lucas will immediately make a counterattack by using lighting magic.

But strangely, he didn't.

Naoki frown at this. In the game, Lucas is not the type of person who let his enemy run away before him (yes, for some reason Lucas and Edgard regards Naoki as an enemy in the first meeting). Which is why it's suspicious.

He wondered if the God of Creator did a mistake when creating  this world similar with the game. But there also a possibility that he arrived to this world to early before the opening event in the game.

Naoki shook his head. He decided to put in the back of mind and think about it later. At least he managed to escape safely for now.

Suddenly, Naoki realized that he was in the forest. It seems like he unconsciously ran without knowing his way into the forest.

'Great. I just got out from a forest a while ago, only to find myself back to this place'

Without a second thought he use Navigation skill to guide him out of the forest.

But then, he discovered his skill didn't recognize this area. This function is similiar with how you exploring an unknown dungeon in RPG game. You cannot see specific direction in the map and only know what location you're currently in, unless you explore the area around it.

Before, this skill will Saved the location that he has been through and recognize the place he Saved. Since his Skill didn't recognize this area, its means he entered different forest from before.

He also noticed something for a while. Unlike the previous forests where he can hear some animal or monsters growling around him, this forest is quieter and even almost no sound is heard.

Naoki did not lower his guard down and watched his surroundings vigilantly. He slowly walked straight through the forest as he inspect the forest using Appraisal Skill.

At first he was worried about being attacked by a monster just like when he still in the previous forest. But after a few hours walking through the forest, Naoki began to realized that there's no animal or monster lives in this forest. This made him a little relieved and at the same time confused.

Using Appraisal skill, he can't find flower or fruit grows in around the area. There are only large trees and tall enough to block most of the view of the sky above him.

The forest also is too quite for Naoki's liking. He even didn't hear a single sound of insects.

Right now Naoki hopes to find the river to clean his body especially after his encountered with the Di Carbell Siblings (and Naoki felt uncomfortable because he hasn't been take a bath since 'wake up' in the forest). But he didn't find or hear the sound of a stream all the way. This forest is completely silent and as if there is no life in it.

So he give up to find it and focused on finding a way out of the forest and hopes to find settlements to rest. He must prioritize his survival first and then he can think of something else next.