5. "Why were you looking at her nipples?"

The next morning when I wake up, I discover the worst possible news.

I'm on my period.

Thinking about it, it makes sense. It's perhaps why I was so horny last night. And why I've been a little moody the past couple of days. But I'd hoped that the two of us could just spend the day in bed and catch up on missed time. Now all I want to do is lie on the sofa all day with a hot water bottle, eating chocolate and complaining about how crap I feel and how awful my stomach cramps are and how Brad will never understand how shit being a female is.

Rummaging through my toiletries bag, I find an emergency tampon in there but I don't appear to have another one. Fuck.

"Brad?" I call as I leave the bathroom.

"Wassup?" He calls back, his voice still croaky with sleep. I walk into his room to see him still curled up underneath the duvet. He peers up at me, eyebrows raised.

"Do you happen to have any tampons in the flat?"

He eyes me in amusement for a few moments.

"Funnily enough, Ella, no I don't" he smiles, making me sigh and flop down on top of the mattress beside him.

"I need to nip to the shop then" I mumble with a pout. Brad lifts the sheets and bundles my body up in a duvet cocoon whilst wrapping his arms around me, pulling me against him.

"I'll go for you," he purrs, nuzzling his face into my neck, "do you need them urgently?"

"No, I can manage for now," I tell him as my eyes graze over his face. His eyes are shut and if I didn't know any better, I'd think he was asleep, "good job, isn't it? Doesn't look like you're getting up any time soon"

"Tired" he mumbles lazily against my skin before I feel him smile, "your fault"

"Right, yeah, you were so reluctant to put your penis inside me," I scoff, "I had to try so hard to seduce you"

He laughs lightly, "So when you felt me up while I was trying to drive, that wasn't you trying hard to seduce me?"

"Hardly," I counter, "all I did was put my hand on your dick over your jeans for like, two seconds and then the next minute, you're driving recklessly and dragging me into your flat like a man possessed."

He appears to ignore me as one of his hands slithers across my body, curling around the back of my knee and pulling my leg up and around his waist. His head dips into the crook of my neck, sponging small, wet kisses along my bare skin.

"You're so sexy" he mumbles into my neck.

"Even when my vagina is bleeding heavily?" I ask. He pauses for a moment and I wonder if I've sufficiently grossed him out but he soon lifts his head and beams at me.

"Yep, even then."

When he eventually gets up and leaves to buy my tampons, I take a quick shower and throw on a clean pair of his boxers along with one of his hoodies. Comfort will be essential today. The cramps are kicking in already but I'll suffer until Brad returns with painkillers.

As I'm rooting through Brad's cupboards for something unhealthy and fattening and containing lots of carbs, there's a knock at the door which strikes me as odd. He didn't mention any visitors would be dropping by and no one rang the buzzer. Unless it's Brad and he's locked himself out somehow, though I'm not sure if that's possible with the security system in this building. Either way, I go to investigate. When I peek through the spyglass in the door, I can make out it's a blonde female.

On opening the door, I get a better impression of her. The first thing I notice is that she's tall. In the least five-foot-nine, so my five-foot-four frame means I have to crane my neck to stare up at her. The second thing I note is that she's beautiful. Her hair is voluminous and perfectly curled whilst her face looks free of makeup but her petite, feminine features quite clearly don't need it. The third thing that strikes me is that her attire is... minimal. All she is wearing is a small pair of running shorts and a sports bra.