20 IRL

( sure, jan )

"Why didn't you tell us you guys were dating?" Ashton pouted as Barrett, Luke, and Ruby entered the studio. Luke and Ruby sat on the couch and Barrett took a seat on the arm of the couch, coincidentally incredibly close to Luke. "Because we're not," he said.

     Ashton looked from Barrett to Luke and noticed the lack of space between the two. "Sure, Jan."

     Barrett didn't bother moving because he was too tired to move — Luke didn't let up on letting him have an extra hour to sleep. And Luke laid his head on Barrett's lap to prove his point: Even the energetic needs their sleep. "Can we talk about this later? I'd like to not be the reason the album release was delayed." Barrett shook his leg because a) he needed to get into the booth and b) Luke's head was there.

Luke reluctantly moved his head so Barrett could get to the booth. "Ready?" Michael asked. Barrett gave the okay and he could hear the music starting to pour into his headphones.

"Great as always," Luke complimented as Barrett left the booth. "Thanks," he said. "How many more times do I have to go through this?"

     "I think you can stop now because I think we finally found the right track."

     "Seriously?" Barrett asked incredulously. "Seriously," Michael confirmed. "Now we just gotta clean a few things up and then the album is ready for release!"

Holy shit, Barrett thought, this is actually happening.

"Holy shit." Barrett let out a breath. "You deserve this, Bear. I believe you've waited long enough," Ruby assured him. "We're proud of you, Barrett," said Ashton. "Hey, why don't we celebrate? Rounds on me."

"I could go for a shot."

several hours later.  . .

"A toast to the completion of Youngblood!" Ashton raised his shot glass in the air and then downed it. The rest of them did the same and Barrett winced a little when he felt the liquid go down his throat.

     They were at a place called The Roxy, a nightclub in West Hollywood, California. But at The Roxy, there was a little hidden bar called On The Rox, and that's where they actually were. It was a bit more of a secluded place where they could celebrate without giving anything away.

"You guys hang tight while Michael, Ruby, and I get more drinks." Ashton and the rest of them all up and left, leaving Barrett and Luke alone. "I should probably stop drinking while I'm ahead. I'm a bit of a lightweight," Barrett said as he cradled his empty bottle of beer and then set it back down. He relaxed back into the couch and listened to the noise going on in the club.

"You have no idea how hot you look right now." Luke's voice brought Barrett back to the present. His hair was tousled and his white shirt was riding up his stomach, showing off a glint of the hard muscle that Luke had imperceptibly — not really — drooled over in the elevator. He could see Barrett's eyes get impossibly darker and he seemed pretty drunk for a sober boy. He had a lazy smirk plastered on his face and a raised suggestive eyebrow.

Suddenly Luke's jeans got a little tight and before anything could happen, Ashton, Michael, and Ruby came back with a tray of shots. "Drink up, Bear." Michael handed him a shot. "I think I might be done for the night" Barrett sat up.

     "But the party's just getting started." Michael's shoulders drooped. "Yes, but Barrett's right. He's a lightweight," Ruby said as she pointed to Barrett, who was close to knocking out on the couch. "Party snoozer," Michael mumbled before downing a shot and shaking his head. "Woo, I'm gonna feel that one tomorrow."

     "Consider yourself lucky that we're taking an Uber," Ruby pointed and Michael waved her away like he was dismissing his mother. "Guys, I might take Barrett home because I don't want him to knock out in the middle of a nightclub." Luke stood and called an Uber before wrapping an arm around Barrett's waist and hoisting him up onto his feet. "Be safe. Text me from Barrett's phone so I know you guys made it," Ruby said before they left.

     As the cool, California air hit Barrett's face, he slowly opened his eyes to see an arm wrapped around him. He looked and saw Luke who was looking for something intently. "Oh, you're up. You okay?" Luke asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. I told you I needed more time to sleep," Barrett said.

     "Hey, at least you don't have to get up early, anymore. That's something to celebrate, right?"

Barrett nodded sleepily but before he could get a word out, Luke's ordered Uber pulled up and he gave them directions to his place.

"You can take my bed." Luke opened the door to his house when Barrett could finally stand on his own. All the unclaimed hours of sleep had hit Barrett in the face like a ton of bricks, so that would explain why he felt dizzy and lightheaded.

"Don't you have a guest bed?" Barrett asked. Luke nodded. "I do. But my bed's a little worn in so it might be better to sleep there, instead."

"Oh. Okay." Barrett didn't bother fighting because he was too tired to do so and he was getting a bed out of this so he couldn't complain. "So, where are you gonna sleep?"

"With you."

Barrett's brain wasn't totally shut off so he was able to process it for his eyes to widen a little. "Relax," Luke said nonchalantly, "the bed's big enough for the both of us. C'mon." He had a light hold on Barrett's wrist as he tugged him up the stairs to his room. "Here." He tossed Barrett some flannel pants after he sifted through his drawers a little.

"I hate to offend your hospitality but I like to sleep in my underwear. Nothing against you, I just don't like pants." Barrett shrugged. "Oh," Luke said and then turned around when he heard the sound of Barrett's fly going down.

"You can turn back around. I'm not naked, you know."

When Luke did, Barrett was stripped down to his black boxer briefs with his torso on full display and a few tattoos decorating his collarbones. He pulled back the sheets and climbed in. "You're not changing your mind on sleeping with me, are you?"

"Fuck no," Luke said with so much sincerity that it scared him a little. He pulled his pants down and his shirt over his head and got in, as well. "You know, you were right about the mattress being worn in," Barrett said, clearly half-asleep, "gonna be a lot easier to get fucked on."

     And before Luke could ask anything, he was met with a snore and a tragic boner.

NOTE
coherent thoughts? never heard of her