"He is. Are you saying you've never heard of him? He runs a blog..."

"Really? What is it called?"

"John Watson's blog."

"Wait a minute, isn't he that fictional character... from that one series... the blog is run by someone else though."

"Short, blue eyes, determined little fellow...?"

"Yes, that sounds like him."

Sherlock's face lit up, and Mary grinned.

"Follow me!"

Darcy and Loki exchanged a look, and followed along.

-

"Hi, my name is Hamish Thorson."

The young man stretched out his hand to the frozen Loki and Sherlock, who both stared at him in shock.

"Hamish?" Sherlock repeated.

"Thor?!" Loki exclaimed.

The man shook his head politely, and Mary and Darcy slowly edged away, leaving them to it.

"No, Haymitch Thorston."

"Oh," they chorused in disappointment, shaking off the confusing thoughts.

"Did you want to ask something?" Haymitch enquired, and Loki shook his head slowly.

"No... Mary and Darcy were just... introducing us to people... because... you know... the memory thing..."

"Do you still run John Watson's blog?" Sherlock asked.

"Not anymore," Haymitch replied, "I got sued for copyright stuff."

"Oh."

There was a silence, and then Haymitch asked;

"Anything else? I sort of need to go... I have Chemistry."

"Oh, right," Sherlock replied, already lost in thought again, "go ahead."

Haymitch turned around to leave, and the duo watched him go with surprise.

"What does the universe say about coincidences, John?" Sherlock muttered absentmindedly.

"I was under the impression that you were an atheist," Loki replied with a raised eyebrow, "in which case the multiverse wouldn't be doing any speaking."

"What?" Sherlock frowned, snapping out of his thoughts.

Loki raised his eyes to the skies.

"You were muttering something about universes and coincidences."

"Oh. What do we say about coincidences?"

"I don't know, what do you say about coincidences?"

"The universe is rarely so lazy."

"Well, has it occurred to you that this universe isn't our universe?"

Sherlock looked up.

"Yes, yes it has. It has also occurred to me that both Mycroft and your Lady Sif seem to think we belong here. This Haymitch is some sort of combination of the two people we care for most—"

"I don't care about Thor," Loki snapped.

"Yes you do, your reaction proves it, as does that stain on your knee."

"What?" Loki frowned, glancing at the brown stain on his knee. Great. He'd have to clean that off.

"What in Odin's name could that stain have to do with any of this?"

"You spilled your coffee when he mentioned his name. You're a bit slow for a god."

Loki snorted.

"Slow? I could kill you before you'd even have the time to analyze this sentence. I could bend you to my will with my scepter, and make you my loyal servant."

"But you won't," Sherlock noted dryly.

"No I won't, because I don't know where Sif hid it," Loki admitted, "but what are you suggesting? That this universe was hand-picked by your Moriarty?"

"Perhaps," Sherlock shrugged, "it does seem like they picked the most agonizing location in which we wouldn't be total strangers."

"If there's a they, and if there was any picking," Loki pointed out.

"True," Sherlock muttered, putting his fingertips together again in that deep-in-thought way of his, "there's only one way to find out."

"Actually, I count about six."

"Oh shut up."

-

Just a reminder — in Sherlock's time this is set before he met Mary, so he genuinely has no idea who she is. Enjoy!

-Ev