Chapter 3- Challenges and Dances

Abby Lee Miller stood up and looked at the hat in the middle of the table. She smiled and walked around next to Bostyn and pulled out five names. Then, she pulled out five more. After that, she pulled out five more and left the other three in the hat.

 "Group A will consist of Sophia, Tyler, Zack, Brooke and Nia. These will be your groups for the rest of your time here. Group B will consist of Travis, Bostyn, Asia, Maddie, and Autumn. Group C has Mia. Mackenzie, JoJo, Kalani, and Kendall in it. Last but not least, Group D has Paige, Chloe, and Lucas in it. Please find your groups in your labeled section on the dance floor."

 Abby motioned to the floor a few steps down from the dining table. Everyone walked to their designated spots and waited to hear what else Abby had to say.

 "Now. For our theme. We will have an 'All-Around' contest. There is going to be five rounds. First round is going to be tap, next is lyrical, after that, jazz. Then it will be hip-hop. Our last round will be acro. There will be someone announced winner on that last round. Good luck to everyone. But first, let me bring you our master teacher, for the tap portion, Maud Arnold!"

 Everyone clapped as she walked in, waving her hand. "Hello everyone! I am Maud, as you may know. I love to tap and I have taught many master classes at dance competitions such as Turn It Up Dance Challenge. I will also be choreographing the tap routines for this week. Who is ready to get their tap on?"

 Everyone cheered and went over to their bags to put on their tap shoes. Maud warmed up a little bit then turned to face the kids. "We will be dancing to the song Got a Girl by Lou Bega. Who is ready?" Everyone clapped.

 "Okay, so I need one boy per group, so, you, brown hair switch with this guy." She pointed at Kalani then at Tyler and motioned for them to switch. They silently did and Maud put them into a formation with the boy of the group in the middle.

 "Part of dancing is performing, so I need you all to perform this too, alright? It is fun and flirty." She quickly taught three eight counts of the piece and had them run it over a little bit in their groups. Abby watched carefully and after fifteen minutes called out a group.

 "Group A, please show us what you got!"

 Sophia, Kalani, Zack, Brooke, and Nia walked out onto the dance floor. The music started and they started dancing. When the music ended, Abby nodded and her and Maud discussed who they were going to eliminate.

 "We have chosen, unfortuanatly, Brooke to stop dancing in this challenge. Next up, Group B." Over and over they eleminated somebody until each group had only four left. Then, it was Group D's turn, the one with only three people in it.

 After they performed, Maud and Abby looked at each other and nodded. "You are all safe. This was an amazing performance, and you had really clear tap sounds, too. You are all safe. Congrats!" The three high fived and Abby looked at the fifteen kids. The other two eliminated were Travis and Mia.

 "Thank you, Maud, so much. You really helped me out. Now, we will have our lyrical round. This time, I would like to introduce Alex Wong. He is amazing, and I think you will all love him. SO, Alex Wong everybody!" Alex walked into the room with his turners on.

 "Hi, everyone! My name is Alex. I will be choreographing all of the lyrical, contemporary, musical theatre, and ballet dances for this competition. I picked out a lovely lyrical song that I saw at a competition recently, called 'Sorry'. It is about love and lost, so you young ones, act mature!" All the kids looked at each other nervously.

 "So, we are going to start out improvising. Then, look, reach, stumble, and stretch." Alex tought everyone three eight counts of the dance, which turned out to be very beautiful. After a few minutes of practicing, everyone was ready.