Gabe's Touch

A responsible adult I was not, when things got tough I packed my things and ran. My brother who took care of me after we lost our parents supported my decision despite not knowing why I wanted to leave. I left the country and traveled around, I was aware I could do that because of my brother's financial support. Meeting new people across the globe changed my mindset, but deep down I was still that girl who fell in love with the wrong guy. Then six years later after finishing up a modeling contract in Germany, I got this intense need to be around my brother. Not once did I feel homesick but that day the feeling of wanting to go home hit me like a thunderbolt. I didn't just pack up my things and bolted again, I called Aiden often. Confiding in my brother about this feeling I had. As I shared my concerns with Aiden I noticed how positive he was about me coming back home. My brother just wanted me to come home and he didn't hide it. So after six years I finally returned to the city which held so many memories. Good ones and bad ones, but both of them shaped me into the person I was today.

As my plane landed and I collected my things which took quite a while, I texted my brother to let him know I was about to leave the airport. He let me know he was waiting outside for me and that I should prepare myself because it was chaos out there. Somehow people or better yet the press found out I was coming back to the city and now they were stalled outside, wanting to catch a glimpse of me. The news spread like wildfire, they acted like it was the hottest news ever which it wasn't. I was aware everyone was speculating about why I up and left six years ago and now they were probably making up juicy stories about my return.

"You know." Melanie my assistant started quietly as we walked side by side, "We can book a flight back, I rather liked Berlin."

"Oh?" Melanie changed her mind every two seconds it was hard to keep up with her interests, "I thought you loved Paris."

"Berlin grew on me." She casually stated.

I glanced at my phone, I had no new messages from Aiden so I assumed he was still out there, waiting for me to meet up with him.

I pocketed my phone, "I haven't done anything worthy to write stories about in a while now so I don't quite understand why they're making a big deal about this." I glanced at Melanie who threw me an exasperating look.

"Are you not keeping up with Social Media?" She asked me, "Aiden Blake's little sister is moving back to the city. She used to be a popular model who was seen on every damn billboard and magazine cover."

"So it's because of Aiden then."

Melanie groaned, raising her eyes to the ceiling, "My God, you're living inside your head all the damn time. Let's go with that then shall we?"

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Excuse you, I'm the one writing out your checks at the end of the month"

She smirked at me, "You didn't hire me because I placate you, Tori."

That was the damn truth. I loved her honesty, the fact she didn't accept my shit simply because I'm Victoria Blake. Also, Melanie was a sweetheart when I wasn't testing her patience. I could trust her, she always thought about what was best for me.

"So true." I smiled at her, "Now let's hurry, I don't want to keep Aiden waiting."

Melanie snorted, "My God, someone has a big brother complex."

"I do have a big brother complex."

Melanie's eyes widened at hearing me admit that without hesitation, "You're supposed to deny that." She sighed, "I worry for you, little Tori."

I grinned at her, "You probably should."

"I'm Ignoring that statement. You are after all a responsible adult, capable of taking care of yourself." Melanie told me sternly.