the jock and the valedictorian(14)

Melanie's POV:

I just stand there frozen and I find my voice. "I think you should leave."

"Mel..."

"Now." He turns and walks out my bedroom door. I didn't move until I heard the front door slammed shut. I move to the wall and slide down to the ground crying. I pull out my cell phone. I dial. "Mommy?"

Andrew's POV:

I slam my bedroom door shut. I smash my fist into the wall. I bring my hand back and look at the dent I left. I unclench my fist causing to feel a shooting pain throughout my fingers and knuckles. My door opens and I see my mom. She looks back and forth from my hand to the wall. "Come on, let me see your hand."

I gently place my hand in hers. She starts pressing down on my hand at various place. She touched the knuckle on my middle finger and I winced in pain. "Let's take you to the hospital and get some x-rays done."

We're sitting in the hospital's waiting room. Since my condition wasn't life threatening we were going to be here for a while. My mom turns to me and

asks, "Why did you punch the wall?"

"I think it's over with Melanie."

"What? Why?" she said shocked.

"I messed up really bad."

"And there is no way to fix it?"

"No, I don't think so." My mom doesn't press the subject.

"To bad I liked her."

"I love her."

"Does she know this?"

"Yes."

"And she responded how?"

"She told me to leave."

"Oh."

I just burst into tears. I couldn't help it. "I don't want to lose her, Mom."

She pulls me into a hug. "I know, baby, I know." She says in her motherly voice and she strokes my hair. "I'm sorry, baby."

Melanie's POV:

"Melanie, honey, what's wrong?" she said frantic.

"I need you."

"I'm on my way."

****

Once mom opened the front door she yelled, "Melanie, I'm here." Then I heard her make a mad dash up the stairs and into my room. She drops down beside me and pulls me into her. "Honey, what's the matter?"

"Andrew and I are defiantly over."

"Why? What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it right now, please."

"Sure, sweetie, anything." She lays my head on her shoulder. "We can talk about you're ready."

"I love you, Mom."

"I love you, too."

I lift my head to look at her, "But there is one thing that I want to do."

"Yeah, and that would be?"

--------

Sorry if this chapter may seem a little boring.