the jock and the valedictorian (8)

~Few weeks later~

Melanie's POV:

Whenever, Andrew and I walk hand in hand down the halls. I got looks of envy and confusion from girls. They wish they were me but then they don't understand why he's with me. And as for the guys they were looking at Andrew like 'WTH!?' when he can have any girl he wants and he chooses me. I know I don't understand either but I'm not going to question his motives. Should I question his motives? What do I have that he wants? Well, I'm a whack job and I lost my dad and my best friend. I don't have any money, I mean we're not poor but we're not rich, either. Let's just hope he wants me for me.

I like it; being with him. He just makes all the bad things go away. I feel happy, like nothing can touch me; I'm invincible. When I'm with Andrew I don't think about anything but the way his hand touches mine, the way he looks at me when he thinks I'm not looking. I like the feel of his eyes on me. Or when his face lights up as he sees me walk into his line of vision.

I know I shouldn't even be thinking about this but I can't help it. I think this is love. Or it could become love. It's just the fact that he was there for me when no one else was when my dad died. For god sakes my own mother wasn't there for me like Andrew was. Also, even if I pushed him away he wouldn't leave. For example:

~Flashback~

After the funeral my mom decided to go to a bar while I just wanted to go home and be alone. When I entered the house I ran for the stairs. I didn't even know he can after me. "Melanie, I know it's hard."

I turn around on the stairs. "How do you understand what I'm going through?" I yell at him.

"You're right I don't understand. But when I see you sad like this I ache all over. I can't help but feel your pain, too." He says keeping his voice perfectly calm.

"Why don't you leave so you can't feel my god for saking pain?"

"I'll feel worse when I'm away from you and I know I can help."

"Well, sorry for your luck but there is no way you can help. How are you suppose to help? I lost him less than five days ago, what else am I suppose to feel

besides pain?"

"I'm not expecting you to feel anything else. I just don't want you to go through this alone." So, we sat there on my bed with me sobbing while he held me. I felt better that I wasn't alone. That he would be there for me and wants to make me feel better.

~End of Flashback~

I just ignored all the looks and the whisper because he is mine. But I still have my doubts sometimes. Like when I'm walking in the hall and he's standing there with his friends. I would be thinking he's not even going to acknowledge me but then he would always say bye to his friends and come walk with me. Most of his friends don't like me. I can tell by the way they look at me but the ones who do like me which is: this girl named Jane, another girl named Mary, this guy named Josh, and his best friend Derek. At lunch we all sit at my table which usually included just me.

I met his little brother, Fable. He is fifteen and a freshman. He is sooo similar to his brother. Like they both play sports, they're somewhat of players, Fable looks like Andrew when he was his age, they're nice, they're tall, and they can keep reasonably calm in intense situations.

I have met his parents again. I think it went disastrous but Andrew assures me that they don't hate me. His mom works as a nurse and his dad is a doctor.

Andrew's POV:

Melanie seems to be doing better since her dad's death. I don't know what I would do if my dad died in a car accident. I like her a lot, that's probably why I helped her in the first place.

She doesn't like to talk about her mom much. I know she loves her but I can't help but notice the look of abandonment when she talks about her.

It truly does hurt me to see her in pain that's why I don't think I can go... "Hey, what you thinking about? It seems important." Melanie asks me. She was driving me home. Since we started dating she comes to my practices and to every game.

"Just how much I want to get home and take a shower." She laughs. We finally arrive at my house. Melanie spends most of her time here since her mom is at the 'spa' again. I was about to leave to my bedroom which has a bathroom when I asked, "Care to join me?"

Sex is somewhat of a sore subject between us. She knows that I have experience and I know that she doesn't. Even though we've only been dating for a few weeks but there has been sometimes were we've come very very close to her not being a virgin. I know she's not ready for that stage yet so each time we start getting into things I tell her I will only go as far as she wants me to. But man sometimes it's hard.

~Flashback~

We were in my room making out and I knew that this was going to go farther than just kissing. I told her, "I will only go as far as you want me to and if I do something you don't like just let me know. I won't get mad."

She nods and starts kissing me again. I was groping her breasts through her shirt and she was tugging on my hair. I love it when she does that. Doing that to one another always got us to moan into each other. Once her hands were under the back of my shirt I took it as a sign that she wanted to go a little further.

So I removed my right hand from her breast and slid it down the front of her shirt. Hopefully, initiating that I was going to stick my hand under her shirt. But just in case I slowly put my fingers under the hem, giving her the time to tell me no. She didn't so; I swept my fingertips across her stomach causing her to moan.

Melanie tugging at me shirt telling me she wanted it off. I obliged happily; she even helped me take it off. When I was back over her she began running her

fingers up and down my spine causing me to groan. I pulled on the bottom of her shirt expecting for her to call it quits for the day but no. she lifted her arms above her head waiting for me to pull it off of her. "You sure?" I wanted to double check.

"Yes, I do." Her voice wasn't shaky so that was a good sign. Once I saw took it off I couldn't help myself I brought us up into the sitting position (where she was sitting on me), I put my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I started kiss her neck down to her cleavage then I realized I don't know if she is ready for this. Even though she was groaning and moaning but still I had to make sure. I looked up at her, "Melanie, are you okay with this?" She nodded her head yes and give me a huge smile.

I went back to kissing the top of her breasts. She had her right hand all in my hair while gently pulling my head to the side so she can get at my neck. But I didn't realize I was grinding into her until she started matching my rhythm.

After like three minutes of hard grinding she came. I think it was her first orgasm because it sounded like she was shocked at first. But Melanie had us stop after that and she said she had to go home. I completely understood because we both felt like that could have gone a lot farther and it was still too soon. Still, I felt proud and extremely happy.

~End of flashback~

We haven't gone as far as that since. But there is yet a lot to talk about before we even think about going all the way. "Melanie, I was just joking and plus, I don't want our first time to be in the shower." She looks at me incredulously. "No, it's not like I expect to have sex with you." Her eyes grow bigger. "I don't mean it like that. I want to have sex with you it's just I know that we're not ready for that yet. I'm going to get into the shower before I make this worse."

*************************************************

A/N: I was just wondering if you guys thought the first flashback was necessary. I debated if I should have taken it out or not.

Hoped you like the chapter!