Chapter 1

Avia's POV

"  I'M SORRY PLEASE DON'T HURT ME I'M SOO SORRY"   I begged him in between sobs.

" YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE B****!" and just like that he punches me right in the stomach and i fall to the floor clutching my stomach in pain. This wasn't new. He always beats me whenever he finds a reason to and he always managed to find a reason. I hated him..I hated him so much I want to run away.

- 3 hours before -

School was finally over and I felt so relieved. I hated school with a passion although I had straight A's, a good social life, and I was basically every teacher's pet, I still hated it. 

"AVIA!"

That australian accent that I've learned to love so much called out from behind me. I turned around and surely enough, it was my best friend Gabriel. We have been bestfriends since the second grade when he moved to California from Australia. He knows all about how my parents passed away and about my abusive uncle, but then again he basically knows my whole life. 

" Hi Gabe i haven't seen you all day where have you been?!" 

" Sorry Aves I've been in the office...Got caught smoking in front of the school by Mr. Tristan..again"

Gabe smokes...alot.. I've tried to get him to quit, but it never worked. Smoking was his kind of escape. ya know... like escape from his problems and just relax so I've learned to ignore it. Mr. Tristan our principal knows Gabe damn well. He's the school's bad boy and every girl is head over heels for him. I gotta admit...I get jealous sometimes when I'm walking with him and girls run up to him and push me away just so they could talk to him.

"AND! before you could yell at me, Wanna go grab some pizza down at Lorenzo's? I know it's your favorite pizza parlor around here and i just got my paycheck..What do you say? I"ll treat you out"  

I Don't know if i should go with him or not...It's a Weekday and uncle Jason will be furious if i don't make it home before 6 for dinner...Ehh what the heck why not!

"sure lets go but i gotta be back before 6.. you know what happened last time we didnt run home fast enough and i got home late?! never again." The last time i was late coming home was in grade 7. Uncle Jason stabbed me right in the arm.

"I know i know...Let's go!"

.

.

.

After going out for pizza with Gabe, he walked me home because he was afraid i'd get hurt walking home alone since i do live in the ghetto..I get home and realized that uncle jason is at the dinner table waiting for me. The thing is..I'm so full and he's going to kill me if i don't eat his food. I sit down and try my best to stuff down the lasagna but i feel like i'm going to puke.

"Why do you look like you're gunna puke." uncle Jason asks as if he was reading my mind.

"uhhm...i..i.. I just Had pizza..Uhm..With Gabe.." I hesitantly replied. Oh god I hope he isn't mad at me..

"YOU WENT OUT AND GOT PIZZA WHEN I WAS AT HOME MAKING YOU FOOD?!? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT? I WASTED MY GODDAMN TIME TO MAKE YOU A MEAL AND YOU CAN'T EVEN EAT IT BECAUSE YOUR LITTLE BOYFRIEND BOUGHT YOU PIZZA?"   Not this again.. I can't take another beating.. i just can't...then suddenly, i feel a sting on my face. He slapped me. i couldn't help the tears that threatened to spill. I can't do this anymore. i am so sick and tired of him.

 " I'M SORRY  PLEASE DON'T HURT ME I'M SOO SORRY"   I begged him in between sobs.

" YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE B****!" and just like that he punches me right in the stomach and i fall to the floor clutching my stomach in pain. This wasn't new. He always beats me whenever he finds a reason to and he always managed to find a reason. I hated him..I hated him so much I want to run away. I look up and see him reach for a knife. But then suddenly the front door busts open revealing an angry looking Gabe.

.

.

.

A/N

oh snaps! gabriel is in the house bitches!

Hey guys! This is my very first fanfiction and I hope you liked it! Please vote and i'll love you forever<33 Thanks!  -Katie