"Yeah?" He answered his voice weak.

"She's okay," Scott reassured him.

The next day

Stiles sat in the hospital waiting room, staring at his hands waiting for someone to tell him what happened and when he could see her. He just wanted to hold her and tell her that everything was okay and that he was there for her. Stiles knew Lydia could put up a strong front, but he knew she was good at hiding her feelings. He sat there for hours and eventually dozed off with his head resting on his hand. He woke up from his light sleep before Melissa came over kneeling in front of him.

"How is she? Can I see her?" Stiles asked beginning to get up from the chair.

Melissa sat him back down. "She's okay. She is still asleep, right now only family is allowed-" She began.

She looked around at the quiet hospital before looking back at Stiles. "But I can get you in, just don't tell anyone." She said.

He nodded standing up at the same time as she did. She walked him over to her room where Natalie was sitting beside her bed. She stood up greeting Stiles at the door with a hug. He gave her a gentle smile before she and Melissa left him alone. He sat down next to her and held her hand. He just sat there for hours with her in silence. He dozed off for a bit before being woken up by a knock on the door. He opened his eyes to Scott standing in the doorway. Stiles stood up and walked over to him. Scott opened his arms expecting a hug but instead, Stiles pushed him against the wall.

"What the hell happened," Stiles spoke holding a fist full of Scott's shirt in his hand.

"Stiles," Scott muttered trying to push Stiles off of him.

Stiles face changed as he let go of Scott's shirt and took a step back.

"How could you let this happen, Scott....this is-this is Lydia-" He stuttered his voice softening.

"I'm sorry...Stiles you know I would never put her in danger. And I messed up this time, I know..."

Stiles stayed silent. He nodded his head realizing that he overreacted. All he cared about was Lydia's safety, and if it was threatened he always felt the familiar fear of losing her. Before Scott could begin talking he heard Lydia clearing her throat as she woke up. He turned around walking closer to the bed watching as she began to wake up. She opened her eyes squinting through the harsh light as she slowly sat up wincing at the pain in her hip. She rubbed her eyes as she looked at Stiles as if she was dreaming.

"Stiles?" She asked.

He sat back down next to her grabbing her hand before kissing it.

"What are you doing here?" Lydia questioned.

Stiles almost laughed at the fact that Lydia was surprised that he was here. He looked back at Scott who was leaving the room to let them talk.

"You're serious? Why am I here?" He asked with a harsh tone.

She closed her eyes, wincing at his response.

"I can take care of myself..." She mumbled.

"That's the thing Lydia, I don't want you to have to take care of yourself...you know how I'd feel if you died."

"Yeah, you would go out of your freaking mind, I know...." She repeated back to him.

There was a short bit of silence before Stiles began talking again.

"I hate it when you keep things from me."

"I have no clue what's going on right now in Beacon Hills no one has told me anything!"

"Stiles, it's not like that it's just-" She began.

She looked down seeing his hand was still gripping hers. She placed her other hand on his and looked back up at him who was anxiously waiting an answer.

"We almost lost you last time. We can't- I can't lose you again." She sighed. "I didn't want you to come back and get hurt."

He looked at her affectionately rubbing circles around the back of her hand.

"I love you, and if anything happened to you..." She spoke only realizing and understanding what Stiles was talking about.

She was putting herself in danger to make sure he was safe, just like he had done millions of times before. There was no reason she should've been upset that he was here. He was here because he loved her.

"I love you too, you know that." He responded.

She nodded her head giving him a gentle smile. He stood up and hovered over her placing his lips on her forehead, held them there for a second and then rested his forehead on hers. She placed her hands on his cheeks bringing his face closer to hers. She kissed him softly realizing how much she had been missing the feeling of his lips on hers. He sat down on the edge of the bad placing his hands on her face as he kissed her back slowly. They pulled away but then Stiles continued placing quick chaste kisses on her lips making her smile. She then wrapped her arms around his body pulling him in and holding him tightly as he nuzzled his face into her neck.

She knew everything was gonna be fine. As long as Stiles was here.

----

So this idea popped into my head cuz I was rewatching episode 6x17 and I was baffled at the fact that NO ONE told Stiles that his freaking girlfriend was shot so I did what Jeff didn't do and included him in the episode LMAO enjoy!

I might write more AU's/one shots but I'm not sure yet so keep watch for that!

Hope you enjoyed!!!!