6x17 AU

Scott sat in the emergency room with Malia sitting by his side. She held his hand tightly in hers as they both listened in on the doctors in the operating room.

"Okay stitch her up, we'll keep her in intensive care. But it looks like she'll be fine." They both heard the surgeon say.

Scott exhaled letting his nerves wash away. He didn't know what he would do if he lost his mother. Malia looked at him giving him a soft smile. Sherriff Stilinski walked past them and stopped once his eyes met Scotts. He stood up facing him waiting to hear more about his friends.

"Have you heard anything new? Mason? Is he gonna be okay?" He asked in a panic.

"He just got out of surgery, he's resting now," Stilinski answered.

"And Lydia?" He asked hoping to hear good news.

"She's alright too. The bullet missed everything that matters, thank god." He answered.

"They almost died," Scott said looking at him with furrowed eyebrows.

He felt mad at himself like he completely messed up this time. He shook his head and looked at the ground.

"But they're gonna live. We got lucky." Stilinski said placing his hand on his shoulder.

Scott looked back up at him and nodded. "Yeah." He muttered out. He looked back at Malia who was looking at them both relieved.

"Now, I need to go call Stiles." He spoke.

"No." Scott interrupted.

Stilinski looked at him confused.

"Uh-I'll call him...I'll tell him." He quickly said.

"Okay," Stilinski spoke. He looked at Scott again. "Everything will be okay. Alright?"

Scott nodded his head before sitting back down with Malia.

"He's wrong," Malia spoke.

"What?"

"It's not okay...None of this is okay." She began. "Stiles wouldn't be okay with this."

"I know," Scott mumbled.

He sat there for a moment with Malia before reaching for his phone in his back pocket. He stood up and walked over into the hallway while dialing Stiles' number. He quickly answered but Scott didn't say anything at first.

"Scott?" Stiles asked.

"Stiles...are you there?" He asked making sure he had his full attention. His voice was shaky as he prepared to tell Stiles everything.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Stiles answered picking up on his tone.

"Stiles." He paused. "It's Lydia."

Scott could hear Stiles breath hitch through the phone.

"Wha-What are you talking about?" His voice suddenly breathy.

Scott closed his eyes as he listened to his panicked best friend. He could hear his heartbeat quicken through the phone.

"She was shot...But Stiles she's okay! She's going to be fine" He spoke before he could interrupt him.

"What-what happened?" He asked.

"I can explain later, it's complicated. But you should come, she'll want to see you." Scott spoke.

"Ok, uh, yeah I'm gonna look for a flight. I'll text you." Stiles spoke, his voice still laced with anxiety.

"Stiles?" Scott asked.