Chapter 13 - Operation Take Down

Start from the beginning

Before Leo can come up with a decent comeback Damian speaks up.

"Wow Isabelle, no wonder Lana wants you on the team. I've never heard a girl speak to Leo like that before" he chuckles and I blink back my shock.

I've never even spoken to him before, but it didn't surprise me that he knew who I was. My reputation clearly preceeded me. Damian was known as the head bad boy, known to be grumpy though he certainly didn't look grumpy right now. The grouchiness must be part of his reputation, it wouldn't really surprise me considering the people in this school had so many faces it was hard to keep up.

"Aside from Justine of course" Joey says and I'm brought back to the conversation.

"Don't say her name" Leo growls and I smirk finally finding something that annoys him.

"When did the she-devil become Voldemort?" I snort and he spins to face me his eyes shooting death rays.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember inviting you into this conversation" he seethes and I raise an eyebrow.

"So you go around inviting people to your conversations do you?" his fists clench and I smirk, satisfied that I'd annoyed him enough.

"But in all seriousness, please tell me that that is some sort of inside joke" I wave my hand at the whiteboard but no one says anything and my heart sinks. "I'm out of here"

I quickly spin around, prepared to leave the room when Leo grabs my waist and pulls me back into him.

"Give us a chance" he says and I squirm in his hold shooting a glare at Joey who was finding this whole thing hilarious.

"Come on Izzy just sit down an let us explain" Joey says and I adamantly shake my head.

"There's nothing to explain! I'm not an idiot Joey! And I'm pissed that you didn't think to tell me about this morning" he shrugs as if I should've expected him to not tell me and my anger only grows.

"You of all people should be behind this! Justine ruined your life" he says and I scoff.

"This isn't what I want! Don't kid yourself by saying that your doing this for my benefit, that I should be happy about this suicide mission!"

"Okay princess you need to calm down" Damian says and I glare at him.

"Shut up bad boy, this is between me and Joey" The other members looked surprised and shocked at my words but I don't dwell on it. I keep my eyes locked on Joey's and speak the next few words that I'd know would hit him hard.

"Do you remember the last time I was dragged into a classroom Joe? And most importantly why?"  His brown eyes flash with anger and his fists clench.

"Don't go there Isabelle, if I had known that was going to happen I wouldn't have gone through with the plan" he seethes.

"I told you not to, heck I begged you not to do it but you did. And paid the consequences Rolleston! So sorry if I'm not on board with this stupid plan of yours" I hiss and immediately step out of Leo's grip when his arms loosen.

"Look Isabelle I don't know what the two of you are talking about but hear me out. This plan isn't stupid but it is effective. With enough planning we can take down Justine and end her reign over the Academy" Lana says softly and confidently but I shake my head.

"No, no you can't. This isn't some game that you guys are playing here. You guys don't get it! She's evil"

"Which is why we need to take her down" Damian says, crossing his arms with a sense of finality. The other three nod their heads and I shake my head.