Chrissy: Chapter Ten

Start from the beginning

“Oh my god! Look at her feet!” I heard someone yell as I hit the ground, and everything went black.

No, This is not the end of this upload! Read ahead!

I woke up in the hospital a few days later and it was deshavu. The guys surrounded my bed, but one was missing. Neji.

“Where’s Neji?” I asked and everyone’s eyes snapped to me.

“She’s awake!” Kakashi yelled and I winced at the sound. A frantic nurse ran into the room and lifted the warm rags from my feet, causing me to look down. As soon as I did, I wished I hadn’t. Tears filled my eyes at the sight of my bloody swollen feet and I stifled a scream.

“Poison.” The nurse said, confirming my thoughts. The wires had poison on them.

“How’s Neji?” I asked and the nurse smiled a half smile.

“He’s just fine Yumi, Ten-Ten just took him home to change and then they’ll be back. You managed to get the worst of it. He was badly cut, but no poison luckily. He healed rather quickly with the medicine the doctor used.” The nurse said, smiling a grim smile.

“Yumi” I heard someone breathe from the door and I glanced over to see the Hokage.

“Hokage-sama.” All of the ninjas in the room said respectfully and stood up to bow. The Hokage waved them away and walked quickly to my bed.

“Yumi, I hear the nurses have your name memorized. Why have you been here so often?” He asked and I giggled at his expression.

“I’m the klutzy dancer.” I answered and he laughed

“Yes, I have heard that you are a brilliant dancer. So I am here asking a favor from you. Once your feet heal, would you be willing to dance at the festival in a weeks’ time?” He asked and my face went pale.

“Lord Hokage, I do not think that would be wise considering----” Guy-Sensei started but the Hokage cut him off with a look.

“Yumi, this is your choice.” Kakashi said when he caught me looking at him.

“I don’t remember a lot of how to dance, it just came to me when I was put in a stressful situation. I don’t remember a lot of my past right now at I don’t know if I could do it.” I said softly as a tear slipped down my face.

“Then it is settled, you will dance at the festival.” Lord Hokage replied and walked out the door. Pure rage covered Gaara’s face and Sasuke was deadly silent as Guy-Sensei fumed. Kakashi looked furious and that’s what Neji and Ten-Ten walked in to.

“What happened?” Ten-Ten asked and Neji ran to my side. He scooped me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

“Thank you.” He said softly and dropped me onto the bed again. I landed on my feet and let out a strangled cry when I felt the sharp pains. Gaara made the sand cool and wrapped it around my feet, drawing out the poison. I sighed a relieved sigh and motioned for him to come over to me. I had him sit on the bed next to me and I held his hand.

“Thank you” I whispered and started to drift off into sleep. My dreams were all about dancing until the all too familiar black tunnel with the ninja walking the other direction. I felt like my heart was being ripped in two and tears filled my eyes. Every time I got close enough to recognize the ninja, he would have a sudden burst of speed and appear quite a ways ahead. All I knew was the he was a part of me and when he vanished he took my heart with him. I fell to the ground sobbing.

“Yumi!” Gaara yelled and I jolted awake. He looked startled and worried, as did everyone else. My cheeks were damp with tears and when I looked down at my feet I saw that they were healed.