Chapter 5

Chris's pov

The day went on the same, and it's the end of their training. The gang and I are at the meeting room, I have all the files and a few pieces of paper to take notes.

I put the files down and sat at the front of the room. "Alright, so today is the first day where we will see if there is any improvements, so let's start off with... this one", I raised a picture of one of his men and opened up his file. "Well, that guy is good with speed and strength but his parkour skills need some work and his aiming isn't half too bad", Mason said. "Ok..", I wrote a note of that.

The rest of the time here we talked about each one of their strengths and weaknesses while I took notes. I'm the only one here going through the notes and files, I think it's only six p.m. or, I really don't know or care, I could go for a coffee right now.

A while later Jace comes in, "Wow, surprising I found you doing work like this", I shrugged, "Guess it's something I'm good at". He came over to the table and set one hand down, "Have you ever thought of having a job as a business man?" "Nope, and I'm not interested, I love my life just how it is, I ain't gotta stress over a piece of paper".

He went over behind me and ruffled my hair, "Hey watch it!" "Well it's time for my end of the deal, want to go get some coffee?" "Sure, I could go for some right now". I began collecting the files and put them in a file bag.

We proceeded heading to the café on foot, but before that happened he changed to a more normal outfit to not cause too much attention.

When we arrived we got our orders, he paid. We sat at the back and got the files out.

"Alright, so is there anything else I need to know about and have they done any improvements?". I sat back down on my chair, "Well, we discussed that some of them really need to improve a few things, if you want them to catch criminals, murderers, etc. you would want them to focus more on their agility and parkour skills. The main thing that they are the most strongest in is their aim". He listened carefully and nodded when needed, taking mental notes.

"Ok, how are they getting along with your guys?", I crossed my arms, "Just dandy, not so well, they have been giving them glares and a few things under their breath from time to time". He shook his head, "But you were lucky" "How am I lucky?", I gave a smile and put my elbows to the table, "If I wasn't there in time to start the day off yesterday, we could have had a serious issue".

His attention towards the subject grew, I wonder what he will do, "What happened yesterday?" "There was someone that was about to punch one of my guys". I could see the disappointment in his expression, "I apologize for his behavior towards your guy". I shook my head, "I can not believe my ears, you are taking responsibility for someone else's actions, that's pathetic"

"I'm not taking responsibility for his actions, I'm just disappointed of him", our coffee came shortly after.

We continued talking about each and every one of them which he was a bit disappointed in, "Question, how come your guys aren't really properly trained?" "Their not dogs, but I couldn't find anyone that knew how to train them, didn't know anything they didn't, didn't do a good job or they were not doing their job and only came for the money". Huh, so that's why they were easy to get away from and we're having trouble keeping up with the tasks.

"Sorry to hear, must be incredibly stressful having to deal with those type of people", he gave a nod sipping on his black coffee, "But you now have to deal with crazy maniac tic psychopathic murderers, life must really hate you".

"Why did you decide to be what you are?", my smile I always had faded, "There isn't a reason for everything you know, plus, I barely was here enough to know that you can keep secrets". He gave a questionable look, "Why would you need to know if I can keep secrets, and for your information I can keep them" "Just making sure, although, I doubt you will find out soon".

Our day went off on their files with a good cup of coffee, MM! When we finished and started walking back to the building it was already nighttime, "I believe it should be time to sleep, you can spend the night at my place if you want or I can drive you to your place". Is he letting me sleep? In his house? When in fact I can murder him right then and there?

"Are you telling me that you want to sleep with me?", I said teasingly, "N-no, I'm just letting you spend a night at a different room and I'm just being generous", I could see the faint blush on his face. "Hah, I'm kidding, unless you do want me, another joke man, why take that so serious I know I'm hot but still", I walked faster to be in front facing towards him while walking backwards, "Aren't you the one with a lot of confidence".

Eventually we got there, I was actually tired as hell but the coffee kinda helped me stay up a little longer. Of course I slept at his place since, why not? I'm gonna see where he lives so I can break in the next time, for fun I'm not gonna steal, that's a weird sentence.

But I did sleep in a different room, since there where no clothes for me I sleeper in my clothes, just had to take my thin hoodie off and we were good to go.

I do wonder if he's still alive, no, it's not possible, I already killed him. It's a frightening thought though, but, it's more relaxing and comforting when there is someone else in a the building that's just right next door to help.

I was able to find sleep a little more easier than the last few times after I learned he might still be alive. It's alright Chris, you don't need to worry, everything is fine and he's dead, there is nothing to worry about. I laid on the bed staring at the ceiling for a few minutes until I finally closed my eyes.

I hope he's dead, I hope he's dead, I hope he's dead, I hope he's dead, I hope he's dead, I hope he's dead, I hope he's dead, I hope he's dead, I hope he's dead.

He

Is

Dead