"Tell me about it!" I reply.

"Whatever happens, I love you, Violet." Buddy says, death gripping the bar.

"I love you too..." I respond as we near the peak.

We start to tip over the peak. I grab the bar so hard that my knuckles turn white.

We start down the giant hill.

I start screaming as I feel my ass come out of the seat. The only thing keeping me in the car is my grip on the wobbly bar.

If this bar comes loose, I'm dead.

I'm so dead.

Buddy isn't screaming, much to my surpise. He just has a look of pure terror in his eyes.

All of the sudden, I remember all the times that my life was supposed to end.

Every single bombing I've ever been in.

Every single time a gun has been pointed at me.

Every single time I've been in a car that's been slightly too close to crashing.

Every single time I've ran from people in the allies of Paris and Chicago.

I swear to god, if I die in a rollercoaster related accident, I will be the most vengeful ghost of all time.

We go into a hard right turn.

Buddy grabs my arm as I almost fly out.

"If you die, I'm coming with you!" I say to Buddy. "I am NOT going to live with that guilt!"

"We ain't gonna die, not today!" Buddy replies.

We start to go up another peak.

Buddy and I take this time that we're going up to try to lock the lap bar. It's our only hope at this point.

"Oh fuck." I mumble. Now the lap bar is even looser.

"Hold it down when we go." Buddy says.

"You guys okay?" Bob asks from behind us.

"Nope!" I call back.

"Don't die!" Adalyn says.

"Not intendin' on it!" Buddy says.

The go over the peak, and like Buddy said, I'm holding down the hot metal bar, burning my hands in the process. I can practically feel the blisters that I'll for sure have later.

I close my eyes and hope for the best.

《《《》》》

The ride slows down. Oh thank god, we're done.

When it comes to a stop, Buddy and I immediately move the lap bar and get off.

"Our seatbelt broke." Buddy tells the ride operator. "Lap bar came real loose."

The operator's eyes go wide. "Wh-what?"

"We coulda died, y'know." Buddy glares.

"I'm so sorry! I had no idea, please don't tell my manager!"