11. Date

You guys are just amazing (:

So, I was wondering, would you like a cliché ending, a sad ending, or just an ending? I have something but that one's easily turned into a one shot.

Sorry for the, well, "different elements" I put in this one, I've been reading so many other stories so my brain is confused.

Enjoy the smut, you perverts. (If you only want the storyline, just stop reading after they've eaten.)

------------------------------

Gray was standing outside his house, waiting for Natsu to come. He had made Natsu a nice bouquet of ice roses, as a last minute gift thing.

He was expecting Natsu to be late, but thirty minutes? That's overkill, even for Natsu. Either he fell asleep, or something had happened.

The rain was on the edge of just streaming down from the cloudy sky.

Gray started to walk, really fast, in the direction of Natsu's house. He was worried. What if something had happened?

Something had happened. Natsu was sitting in his bedroom, sobbing as multiple emotions attacked him. Sadness, guilt, fear and insecurity all at once.

Natsu was sure Gray was disappointed and that he already had gone back inside. They were supposed to meet up half an hour ago.

And Gray wasn't exactly the most patient person in the world.

Happy came into the room, looking worried as he saw Natsu's tear filled face.

"What's wrong? Weren't you supposed to be on a date with Gray now?"

"I was but... I started to think about our long friendship and how much it has meant to me. I feel like I'm going to ruin this."

Happy looked at Natsu, not entirely sure what to say.

"Also, I thought about Gray's feelings for me fading, and what would happen if he left me. Or if my feelings would fade. I wouldn't be able to take that responsibility. God, it's so stupid, but I can't get it out if my head."

"I assure you Natsu, it's not stupid, but you have to give everything for a relationship to work."

Happy sounded really serious. "Relationships are difficult, and you have to be ready to fight for it."

Who knew Happy was such a love expert? (He's not better than Paul tho, no one is better than Paul)

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Natsu jumped up to check who the hell would be here. Who even knows where this house was?

Well there was Lucy, but why would she be here? There was Erza, but she thought that he was out on a date.

Then there was...

Natsu was met by a surprise as he opened the front door.

"OH MY GOD, GRAY, IT'S YOU!" Natsu shouted and hugged Gray. "I'm so, so terribly sorry that I didn't show up."

"What happened?"

"I don't know really. All of a sudden, I just... I don't know... I..."

He reached to kiss Gray, who backed away.

"You're not sure about something. Do you want to start over? Or were you thinking of ending this, before it got too serious?"

Natsu looked at Gray, tears in his eyes.

"Gray, there's no turning back now, and it's perfect as it is. My thoughts just wander off into darkness when I have too much time to think."

Gray smiled.