Chapter 5

It always seems like the world frowned upon Spencer Hastings. Having Toby sitting right beside her smirking at her just confirms that theory. Toby sits focusing on the board and every now and then he would look at Spencer and smirk. God, how she wishes she could smack that smirk right off his face. The class period was slowly coming to an end. Spencer's ready for the bell to ring so she can make a clear get away to her next class. Once the bell rings, a bunch of girls will probably circle around him and that will be her chance to run out the door. The minutes ticked by so slowly, Spencer's pretty sure the clock is frozen in time. There's one minute left in class and this is the longest minute of Spencer Hasting's life.

Toby on the other hand just wants to talk to Spencer. He sat there trying to focus on the lecture that the teacher is presenting, but he finds himself distracted by something. More like someone. Out of all the places for him to sit, Mr. Rye just had to set him next to the prettiest girl he has ever seen. And yes he means it when he says the prettiest. Toby's come a crossed a lot of pretty girls in his lifetime, but none of them were as pretty and breathtaking as Spencer. She's a different kind of pretty. There's just something about her that's I don't know to him. Ever since he kissed her that one night, he couldn't get those brown hair, brown eyes, and pink lips out of his mind.

As soon as the bell rang, Spencer jumped out of her seat and bolted out the door. Toby got up quickly too and tried pushing himself through the crowd of fangirls screaming in his ear. He wants to catch Spencer before her next class. Unfortunately, he wasn't so lucky. Everyone kept walking over to him begging for an autograph and of course he has to be nice to his fans. By the time he made it through the crowd of people, Spencer was already walking through the door to her next class. Toby sighs and tries to make it to his next class. 'Next time he'll catch her,' he tells himself.

"Hey yo, back it up! Keep it moving!" Ezra shouted as he lead Toby through the crowd to the lunch room. Toby rolled his eyes and walked close behind him. Maybe going back to public school wasn't such a good idea.

Spencer sat at a corner table in the lunch room along with her friends. Hanna and Mona kept gossiping about the class Toby was in with them. Emily also has a class with Toby. Aria is bummed because she doesn't have a class with Toby. Spencer didn't want to tell the girls that Toby is in her first period. She doesn't want to hear all the screaming and having a crush on Toby jokes. Because, she certainly does not. I mean who cares if he kissed her? Big deal. She doesn't care how he looked at her with his big, beautiful blue eyes. Or the way he talked to her like a normal human being. She really doesn't care. She doesn't care. She doesn't care. How many times will she have to tell herself this? Probably until her heart accepts it.

"Toby sat right across the room from us and he smiled right at us," Mona squeals.

"It's true," Hanna says. "He really did."

"I bet he remembers us from his concert a month ago," Hanna says.

"Toby's my lab partner in chemistry," Emily says.

"No way!" Hanna gasps.

"It's true," Emily says. "He's really nice and he told me that Spencer was in his first period class."

Spencer froze when Emily said that. The other girls paused and dropped their silverware.

"How could you not tell us this, Spence?" Aria asks.

Spencer pokes at her salad and says, "I just didn't think it was a big deal."

"Hello, you have a hot guy in one of your classes," Hanna says. "It's a very big deal."

"Did he say anything to you?" Mona asks.

"No."

Hanna's shaggy brown haired, brown puppy dog eyed, hacker, boyfriend, Caleb walked over and sat down at their table. He takes his bag off his shoulder and sets it beside them. Hanna smiled with excitement.