Chapter 32

"Can I get you anything else?"

Toby didn't even realize he was staring off into space until he heard someone speaking to him. He looked up at the old women with soft brown hair, hazelnut eyes, and plump pink lips. The woman's brown hair is tied back in a slick bun and her lips curled into a half smile.

"I'm sorry," Toby shook his head and smiled. "Did you say something?"

"I asked if you wanted anything else."

"Oh, no thank you, ma'am. I think that last piece of the apple pie filled me pretty well."

"I'm glad you liked it. That was my mother's recipe."

"Well, it was great," Toby stood up and picked up his jacket from behind his chair. "I should get going."

"Seems like you have a busy week ahead of you," the women said. "On top of that there's a lot going on in your head."

"I do have a lot going on. I think you've heard about my tour. My first show is tomorrow night at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum."

"Yes, I've heard congratulation, but this tour Isn't what's clouding your memory. What's on your mind is a girl."

"How did you know?" He asked.

The old women chuckled, "because lots of men have that same lost look in their eyes whenever they're missing a girl. Plus my daughter follows your blog and told me about this duet you sang with a student you went to high school with back in Pennsylvania."

"Spencer," he nodded. "Yeah, she's a good singer."

"Yeah," the women agreed. "I can't tell you how many times my daughter listened to that song. She loves it and she loved Spencer."

"Working with Spencer was really great. She's an amazing singer and she was a really great friend."

"Just a friend?" She questioned. "I think you love that girl."

Toby smiled shyly and said, "what makes you think that?"

"From the smile on your face. Your face lit up when you talked about her."

"It's getting late," he said. "I better go."

Toby put on his jacket and walked out into the late night. For a night in L.A., it's a little chilly out. Toby zipped up his jacket and kept on walking back to his hotel. It's his third night in L.A. and he likes it, but he misses living in Rosewood. Even though he lived in Rosewood for six months it felt like home to him. Being here in L.A. kind of makes him feel a little homesick. When Toby got to the street corner, he held up his hand and signaled for a cab. The ride back to his hotel from the restraint he was at took fifteen minutes. When the driver pulled up to the hotel, Toby hands the guy forty bucks then jumps out.

The valet saw Toby coming, opened up the door for him and tipped his hat down when he walked by. Toby thanked the man then continued on walking. Some fans spotted him walking through the lobby and asked for a picture. Even though he's tired and wants to get upstairs, he poses for the picture anyway. The five girls thank him then walk away. Toby sighs and walks towards the elevator. He rides the elevator up to his room. He was offered the California Suite. Toby reaches the door to his room and swipes his key over the lock. The door opens and he enters the room.

His suite is more like an apartment. When you walk in, there's a small area to hang up your coat and hat if you have one. Then you enter the room about five feet and come to an open area. The open area contains a white sofa big enough for two to three people. There are two large, black, fluffy pillows leaning against the back cushions. To the left of the sofa, is a white and tan colored recliner chair and lamp between the two pieces of furniture. In front of the couch is a large, flat, HD, television with a sound system. Between the couch and the t.v is a nice wooden coffee table. Behind the couch is a double king sized bed with a white comforter and six regular white pillows and two smaller blue pillows laid in front. He has a sliding door the leads out to his patio. When you walk out there you get a view of all the Los Angeles lights.