Chapter 10

Spencer woke up the next morning with her arm wrapped around something. It felt like she was spooning a hard, yet comfortable pillow. She opened her eyes and was met by the sight of Toby's neck. They were both on their left side and she was curled up close to him with her arm around him. His arm was placed on her arm, which kind of trapped her between him. She very slowly and carefully slid her arm out from under him and rolled off the bed. She sat on the edge for a few seconds and turned her head back to look at him. Her eyes scanned down to his toned butt. The right side of the bed started to creak as Toby began to stir. Spencer stood up so quickly she almost fell. Toby rolled over on his back and leaned up on his elbows. He blinked a few times trying to adjust to the sunlight shining in his eyes. Then he looked at her.

"How long have you been up?" His voice came out more husky than usual.

"Not that long," she replies. "About ten-twenty minutes."

Toby sat so he was on the edge of his bed. Spencer watched him stretch out his arms, which made his muscle pop. He then stood up and started looking for a shirt and pants to wear.

"Last night was fun," he says.

"Kind of."

"See," he smirks. "Wouldn't you want to go on a real date with me?"

Spencer shakes her head. He grins and goes back to picking out clothes.

"I'm going to go take a shower then I'll take you to the school to get your car."

"Okay."

He walks to the doorway and stops. He smirks and turns around.

"Would you care to join me?"

Spencer frowns, "go take your shower."

He chuckles and walks out the door. A small smile spread across her face when he left the room. While he was taking a shower, she pulled on her pants that she wore last night. She didn't feel like putting on her tank top and sweater, so she just kept his shirt. She figured she'll keep it for revenge for always messing with her. After 9pm, Toby came out of the shower with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist and water droplets streaming down his already perfect body. Spencer caught sight of him and almost lost her breath. He has another towel that he's using to dry his honey colored hair. Spencer left the room so he could get dressed. A few minutes later, Toby came out into the family room dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans and a red Radiohead shirt. His hair was combed nicely and smoothed up with hair gel.

"You ready?"

"Yeah?"

"Sure you don't want breakfast before you go or coffee?" He asks.

"No, thanks. I really should be going. My parents are probably already pissed that I stayed out all night."

He nods and picks up his keys out of the little dish on the table. He jingles them in his hands and says.

"Let's go."

During the drive back to the school parking lot, She did allow Toby to stop somewhere so we could pick up some coffee. He noticed that Spencer was acting a little grumpy and groggy, so he pulled up to Starbucks and bought her an extra large black coffee. He got himself a small black coffee with cream. The drive from his apartment to school is about twenty-five minutes.

"So," he starts. "What are your parents like?"

"Intense."

"Care to liberate on that?"

"Uh, well, they're never home much and when they are it's like World War 3 in that house. If one gun fire is shot, then comes the next and the next thing you know you're trying to sleep through a battle. A ceasefire is only called when the sun comes up for one of them to go to work."