Chapter 6

Chapter 6

It’s been two months and things are looking up, with Derrick and I receiving our acceptance letters, mine to study law at NYU and Derrick to study Marketing and Management also at NYU. Our parents are so proud of us that they have decided to go away for the weekend and allow us to have a house party!!!

How cool is that? That’s the first coming from daddy; mum has really gotten him out of his shell!

Daddy and mum have left already; I’ve just taken a long hot shower, feels so good! I wrap my wet hair with my towel and flip it to the back and head to my room. As I get closer to my room I notice my bedroom door is left ajar.

All these thoughts begin to run insanely through my mind, the only person that could have gone to my room is Derrick, what if he saw it? Daddy can’t know about it that will be the end of me if he comes to know.  Worry lines develop across my forehead and my palms begin to get sweaty with these thoughts.

After Clarence and I had made love on my birthday and the fact that being safe and using protection didn’t cross our silly minds during that intense love making session, I got a little scared so I decided to buy a home pregnancy test, I didn’t mentioned anything to Clarence because I don’t know if I’m ready for the consequences – if any! I’m also a bit scared at how he would react to any such news.

So to put my mind at ease I had taken the test last night. I urinated in a dry glass; I then removed the pregnancy test from the package and placed it on the flat surface of my chest of draws. I felt as if I’m about to commit a crime or something for the first time because I was nervous and scared at the same time.

I then took the little dropper which came with the pregnancy kit and drew out some urine from the glass, putting two drops onto the circular test. I then had to wait for three to five minutes to receive the either dreadful result or the “thank God” result.

I waited for what seemed to be a lifetime, with each second that passed I prayed even harder and scary thoughts popped into my head making me feel like crying.

When I finally finished praying for the last time, I looked down at the pregnancy test