Chapter 22: All things happen at the Malfoy Manor

"This book really is awful, how are you able to read this?" Draco asked, sitting in the armchair, flicking through the pages of a book.

"With an open mind, Malfoy. Maybe you could learn a few things from Romeo himself." Hermione said as she completed her homework.

"But – but, they both end up dying in the end! What sort of love story is that?" Draco groaned, placing the book down – taking the seat beside Hermione on the couch. Staring at the freckled girl in admiration. She glanced at him with a smile, turning back to her homework.

"Not all love stories have a happy ending, Draco. It's not how it works." Hermione said, continuing to complete her homework. He chuckled at her, and smiled brightly.

"Come home with me," He said. Hermione stopped writing, turning to her boyfriend. Her eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Mother wants me to come home for the Christmas holidays... She wants you to accompany me." Hermione smiled at him, placing her palm on his pale cheek.

"Draco, I'm sorry. But, I agreed to go with Ginny to the burrow, I promised her." Hermione stated, placing a short kiss on her boyfriend's forehead. She pulled back and continued on with her work.

"I'll be back." Draco said, standing from his seat. Hermione waved her hand, not taking her eyes off her work.

--

"How did you manage to do this, again?" Hermione asked, as she rubbed her hands together – attempting to warm herself up. She was standing in front of a grand gate, that lead to a black manor. Draco by her side, taking in the sight of his home.

"I simply told Ginny that she should invite Blaise as he wanted to meet her family. After hours of convincing, she agreed." Hermione chuckled. Her eyes darted to the gate, which opened with a slight creak. Draco began walking in, not noticing the presence of the girl that once stood beside him. He turned around, seeing that she was still in the spot he was, just seconds ago.

"Hermione?" He questioned, holding his hand out – signalling for her to take it. Hermione walked toward him, taking his hand in hers.

"The last time I was here – I was, you know –" Before she was able to continue, she felt a warm pair of lips gently caress her own. She wrapped her arms around the gape of his neck, his arms found their way to her waist – pulling her in closer.

Peeking through the window of the manor, a light gasp left the man's mouth. He was in awe.

"Did he just?" He questioned the woman beside him. She smiled at the sight and nodded.

"He really loves her, Lucius," Narcissa said, gently placing her hand onto her husband's hand. "Just give her a chance – you can finally redeem yourself to him." Lucius nodded, walking away from the window into the sitting room, downstairs.

--

"Mother!" Draco embraced his mother into a hug. Hermione smiled at the sight of her boyfriend and his mother.

"Hermione." Narcissa smiled, pulling away from Draco – walking toward her son's girlfriend.

"Mrs. Malf- Narcissa!" She said, hugging the woman.

"Draco, Hermione. I have a surprise for you both." Hermione smiled, walking after the woman. Draco close behind.

Hermione entered the room, a gasp leaving her lips as she stared at the sight of the bleach blond man, sitting in the armchair by the fire. Dark circles were formed under his eyes, as his lips were cracked. His hair was clean, yet, streaks of grey began to find its way through. Hermione turned around to see Draco, the palest she's ever seen him. His eyes were fierce, full of anger and humiliation. Instinct, he walked toward Hermione – standing in front of her – as if he were protecting her from the monster who sat in the seat in front of them.