"we've never done it,"

"so? we've been doing a lot of things we've never done before,"

"friends don't do slow dances. certainly now friends avoiding chisme that they smashed,"

"oh, come on, it's just a dance,"cesar claimed as he stepped infront of the girl.

"slow dances aren't dances. they mean something," esperanza sighed, knowing that dancing would blow their cover, "we'll talk later, okay? sixth period, remember?"

"sure. we can talk," cesar began, "about how slow we're gonna dance, because it's happening," placing a quick kiss on espy's lips, he smiled, opened the door, and walked out with a smirk lingering on his face.

"cabrón," esperanza whispered to herself, not knowing what she had just got into.

standing with monse and olivia, espy heard monse talking about how high school dances were ass.

".. and grind. high school dances are the worst," monse claimed, looking down at her plate.

"really? dances in houston are dope, and great oops to meet dudes," olivia said, looking at the boys around them.

"take a look around. every hot prospect you see today is gonna be sporting wood tonight. it's not pretty. or impressive. dances are basically sex fests," monse complained.

"in a bad way?" olivia asked

"you can apparently get exposed," esperanza added, grabbing something random from the food bar.

"how?" olivia questioned, following esperanza's actions.

"you can get roofied or pregnant," monse complained again, "and i'm not talking about getting it in on the dance floor, which happens all the time."

"she means some made up scenario she came up with last year. something about going to the bathroom and slipping, then getting prego," espy rolled her eyes, making olivia's widen.

"it's true," monse defended her argument, "like peeing every time you jump. cause that's what happens after you get pregnant. even if you don't keep it,"

"goodbye, romance. hello, trauma," oliva said, grabbing a carton of milk.

"and according to some kids in my chem class, the school hired some lame dj from silver lake," esperanza shrugged, not seeking the big deal monse was making.

"for example, take sylvia and jesus, they were just friends," monse started, "until he basically draped her,"

"draped?" olivia asked, not understanding.

"mons means dance raped," esperanza explained.

"he was all over her," making the trio look at the couple who was making out, right outside the door, "like a prisoner. he marked her like a piece of property so no other guy would touch her. then she had no other option but to get with him,"

"okay, then what is it if it's not love?" esperanza asked, letting out a sigh.

"stockholm syndrome," monse said, taking a bite of her apple.