“Don’t worry about it.” he reassures me, and slowly reaches towards my tangled hair. It was all scruffy and very unappealing, but he brushed his fingers slowly through it and I shuddered at the pleasant feeling. It’s amazing how easily he managed to run his fingers through my knotted hair. I shut my eyes as his hand trails down my cheek and cups my face. My eyes are still shut, was I scared to look at him? But I felt him come closer, his cheek brushing against my ear and his low whisper, giving me chills on this sweltering day.

“Isabelle,” he calls with a low grumble. I feel his hands slowly begin to wrap around my waist but I don’t wait any further because I can see a sneaky Caroline peeking at us. My best friend was spying on me. I shake Nathan away unexpectedly and clear my throat.

“I have to get changed out of my dress.” I explain and walk towards my walk-in wardrobe but I look back and regret it. He looked so hurt despite the brave face he put on.

“Then maybe I’ll give you a tour of the back garden later?” He suggests and I nod. “There’s more to see than just the view.” He smirks and in seconds he’s gone from the room. I loudly exhale and take off my dress, grabbing one of my old t-shirts while I looks for something suitable to wear.

“What happened?” I saw Caroline walk in behind me, taking her blue dress of too.

“What do you mean?” I asked, innocently like I had no idea what happened only moments ago, when I was really fully aware that Nathan was in my room, and so close to me.

“Nathan was there, with you an-“

I interject and pull on a light blue t-shirt and grab some denim shorts and my converse.

“And…it’s not big deal, Caroline and I’m honestly having second thoughts about this wedding.”

“Don’t” she yelped and I walked out of my wardrobe to scrub off all the make up off my face.

“Do you know how many girls would die to marry Nathan Blake?” She asks but I shake my head. “Well, I’m not one of them.”

I take off the scarlet lipstick and the eye shadow, but reapply my mascara and brush my wild blond hair.

“You have serious problems, Isabelle. He wanted to kiss you.” She crosses her arms and jumps onto the bed.

“And I didn’t, trust me, I’m trying to save him.” I stand up and walk up to the balcony that I was so in love with. I think it was one of the best things about this place.

“Save him?” Caroline asks and join me out in the open air. I can see the gardener and Nathan walking with his mother.

“From what? You don’t make any sense.” Caroline exclaims and tries to catch a butterfly flying past.

“I don’t like Nathan, and I can tell he likes me.” I explain, because I did realise the way Nathan looks at me but I just couldn’t like the millionaire playboy I’d seen on magazine covers countless time. He must be a sweet person, because I can see it. But I know for a fact that I don’t belong with him. “What could hurt more that liking someone who doesn’t like you back? It’d kill him.”