The New Band Member

"Since Murdoc is in jail-"

 "WE SHOULD CELEBRATE!!!" 2-D screamed, interrupting Russel.

Russel smacked the back of his head. "Dude, no time to celebrate. That's my boyfriend in jail. Remember that." Russel sighed and rested his chin in his hand. "What do we do? We need a bassist."

Noodle grinned. "I know someone who plays bass and looks just like Murdoc!"

Russel and 2-D raised a brow. "Who?" They both asked.

"Ace Copular from the Powerpuff Girls!" 

"Wait, wasn't he a villan?" 2-D questioned.

"Yeah, and how do you know him?"

"I met him randomly one day and we became friends. And I'm still in contact with him."

2-D and Russel looked at each other. "Should we?" 2-D asked.

"I mean, it's worth a shot."

"As long as he ain't like Murdoc, then I'm okay wit' 'im joinin'."

~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier, after the band's conversation, Noodle had gotten a call back from Ace. After she had talked with him, Noodle ran down to the other two, who were watching TV and reading magazines.

"You guys! Ace called me back!" Noodle said happily.

"What'd he say?" 2-D responded.

"He said he'd be happy to join!"

"Well, at least we have a temporary bassist." Russel said, looking down at his magazine.

"Whaddya mean, Russel?" 2-D asked, a sort of worried expression on his face.

 "I mean, Murdoc has to get outta jail at some point. I'm not havin' Ace stay in our band forever."

 "I do miss having Murdoc around, though." Noodle said, her happy expression turning to a sad one.

 "I'd rather 'ave that bloke rot in jail and die than 'ave Ace leave. Anyone, even Hitler would be better to 'ave in our band than that old goth."

 "Um, 'D. Hitler killed a bunch of people. At least Murdoc is sane enough not to do that." Russel said with a face full of disgust.

 "I bet Murdoc would love to hear that, Stu." Noodle sighed sarcastically. "You're the only person he'd like to murder."

 "Shut up!" 2-D spat. "Anyway, what's up wit' Ace?

"Oh yeah! He's coming over tonight around 6:30 to meet you two! He's really glad I invited him to join. He told me when I met him that he was a big fan of our music."

 "I'm glad he's glad." Russel smiled.

 "What time is it?" 2-D asked.

 "Uh, 4:59."

 "Imma go take a quick shower! Wouldn't want to look bad for our guest!" 2-D ran upstairs to get clothes.

 "Russ, do you want to help me make dinner?" Noodle asked.

 "Sure, why not?"