𝙀 𝙄 𝙂 𝙃 𝙏

Chapter 8
Finally the end of the day came. I was excited but nervous about taking the test. I was pretty sure I would get a good score, I mean it's just a test for another class, or like extra credit. There is no need to stress. I walked to the room Peter had brought me to earlier, arriving after a few people I didn't know. I stood there for a second, moving out of the doorway as more people came in, looking around the room and seeing a variety of posters for different subjects. I was taken out of my trance when I heard someone call my name.
" Amelia! So glad you came back!" Mr. Harrington said as he moved pass a couple students, trying to reach me.
" Are you ready?" he asked.
" Y-yes, yes I'm ready" I smiled trying to look like I wasn't nervous.
" Ok, the test is 30 questions long, and use as much time as you need, just try to have it finished before the meeting is over. It is 2;15 right now so you have until 3:30 to finish!"
" Alright, sounds good"
" You can put your things anywhere, and once we leave for the library you can start"
" Ok, thank you!"
" Your welcome and good luck!"
For the small time Mr. Harrington and I were talking, I hadn't realized that last years previous team had already arrived. As they started to leave for the library, I caught a glimpse of Peter giving me a thumbs up. I smiled and nodded my head, watching as he walked out. Once everyone was gone, I got a pencil and began. As I was answering questions I came across one that tripped me up so much. My hands were sweating and I knew the answer, it was at the tip of my tong but I didn't remember. I skipped the question and moved on with the test, answering them left and right. And as I answered the the last question of the test, I went back to the one that I was stuck on.
" What sorts of signals does the brain use to communicate sensations, thoughts and actions" I said to myself.
I thought hard, trying to figure out what signals the brain uses.
" YES! Electrical and chemical signals!! Single cells use them to communicate through the brain!"
I wrote down my answer, with 15 minutes of time left. I checked over my work, agreeing with all of my answers, placing the test on his desk, waiting for the class to come back. With 2 minutes left until we left school, the team was arriving back to the classroom to get their stuff. I told Mr. Harrington that I had left it on his desk and had to get going. I really did, I needed a snack and had to get home to pick up the house before my dad get's home. I looked around to see where Peter might be but he wasn't anywhere in sight. I didn't think anything of it and headed out of school, walking to my favorite sandwich place in town. It wasn't far from school like my house, so that was a bonus. It didn't really have like a cool name, but I always reconginsed the familiar Deli-Grocery sign on the corner of a street. I walked in and was greeted by Mr. Delmar and Murph the stores cat giving me a meow.
" Hey Mr. Delmar!"
" Amelia, number 5 right?"
" Yep, and can I get one pack of Swedish fish?
" No problem"
"Thank you"
" How's school going?"
" It's ok, nothing like being a new kid"
" Any friends?"
" Well I know this guy named Peter. He's really nice, he is the closest friend I have there. That's about it"
After I said that I heard the door jingle as it opened. Instinct kicked in and I turned around to see who it was.
" Parker!! Number 5 right?"
" Yeah, and can you smush it down real flat?"
" Your the boss"
" Thanks" he said. I don't think he had even noticed me because he was to busy giving his order.
" Hey Peter" I said.
" Oh, h-hey Amelia. What are you doing here?"
" Getting a sandwich"
" Oh, yeah. That would make sense" I chuckled a little looking down at my feet, fidgeting with the bag of Swedish fish.
" Wait, is this the Peter you were talking about?" Mr. Delmar interrupts. I quickly snap my head back up, focusing my attention on Mr. Delmar and not my feet.
" Yeah, why?" I asked.
" Oh, he just comes here everyday like you do. I'm surprised you haven't ever bumped into each other before"
" Oh really?" I said looking over at Peter.
" Yep, this guy has been coming here for 2 years straight, rain or shine" Mr. Delmar explains.
" Number 5" The man in the back yells. I walk up to the counter and reach to grab my sandwich as I feel a hand placed on top of mine. I look up and see Peter was reaching for my sandwich.
" Peter..." I say, looking up at him. Our hands were still touching and he was looking at them together and then back down to me. I felt blood rush up to my cheeks and I knew I was blushing.
Not a good time emotions!!!
" ..."
" Peter this is my sandwich" I say, placing my Swedish fish on the counter. I slowing wrapped my fingers around the sandwich, was trying to slide it out from his grip on my hand, but he moves his arm so he is sliding with it.
" I'm a number 5" he responds with.
" Me too"
" Really?!" Peter shot up in surprise.
" Yeah, why. Did I do something wrong- Oh I'm sorry if I did, I didn't now-" I rambled until Peter cut me off.
" No, no. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm just surprised that we happened to bump into each other at the same place, same time and order the same thing. It's just very ironic" he chuckled a little which automatically made me smile.
" Indeed it is" I replied. It was an ironic moment. What are the chances that would happen to me, especially with Peter.
We stood there for a moment, looking at each other in no particular way, just looking at each other in the eyes. Our hands were still together, but I didn't mind.
" Oh, uhh. Sorry, h-here ya go" Peter said handing me my sandwich, breaking the silence.
" Oh, um thanks"  Peter nodded  his head like he was saying your welcome. I looked down to check my phone and I had to be home really soon.
" Oh shoot, I gotta go. My dad's gonna kill me!" I made sure I had everything with me. My wallet, phone, sandwich. Good to go.
" I'll see you tomorrow Peter!! Thank you Mr. Delmar!!" I yelled as I was running out. I was opening  the door and turning on the road as I heard someone behind me yell my name a couple times.
" Amelia!! Amelia!!" They said. I quickly turned my head around realizing it was Peter.
" What, Peter I really gotta go" I said, pointing to behind me in the direction I was going.
" Your Swedish fish" He said running up to me, placing his hand out so I could grab the candy.
" Oh, I totally forgot about those. Thank you" I said.
" Anytime"
" Well, I have to get going. See ya later Peter!"
" See ya Amelia" He said as he began to walk away. I started running back home again, waving my hand behind my back as a rushed goodbye to Peter, even though I would never know if he saw it.

Ok, crappy chapter I know. Good stuff is coming up the next though!! Hope your having a good day because, it literally makes mine when I see you guys have added this book to your library, like thank you so so so so much for reading this.
Pls vote and comment!!
Xo,
Ava