Chapter 1: The Heroes

There's music on the top for all you Pokémon lovers out there. Just swipe the picture to the left and click the song to hear the song and continue reading the book at the same time. Enjoy!

Red - Hey guys, I've been wondering...... what makes a Pokémon Trainer, a great Pokémon Trainer? I mean, is it as easy as meeting a professor, getting a Pokédex and going on a journey?
Ethan - I don't know about you, but there was nothing easy about getting a Pokédex, especially from that old geezer, Oak. I had to battle (and lost), swim (not to mention almost drown), and beg for mines.
Brendan - It is a useful tool, for sure. But back to Red's question, I think what makes a Pokémon Trainer a great Pokémon Trainer is the journey. We've each had our own incredible adventures that's helped us meet new people and pokémon, it's helped each of us to grow.
Ash - Definitely, I would never have met all the amazing pokémon or people I've met if I hadn't went on my journey. It's an adventure from beginning to end.
Lucas - If you ask me, I thinks it's more than that.
Ash - More then what?
Lucas - More than the adventure, I've seen many amazing trainers, both good and bad. Many that would be considered great, even the minions of Team Plasma thought Cyrus was great. And they all must've had an adventure of their own, right?
Ethan - I guess so?
Lucas - So I think, in my own opinion, it takes more than an amazing journey to become a very great trainer. I think it takes compassion and some empathy towards people and pokémon. To understand one another and help each other, that's how we grow. Or at least that's what I think.
Calem - I have to agree with Lucas, growing up was tough. The fame, the cameras, the grownups..... I went into hiding because of all of it and to be honest I wasn't planning on coming out. It took awhile, but thanks to my friends that always stood by me that I was able to get back on track. In the end, I know for a fact that I would have never been the same if it weren't for my friends, whether Team Flare would have destroyed my house or not. It's because of them that I was able to heal.
Brendan - To heal huh, ya your right. Now that I think about it, I believe it's the people and pokémon that we meet along with their compassion and friendship that they give us that changes us. After all, for the longest time I've been too afraid of my own strength to fight. It was only after I started my journey was I able to meet the friends I've met to get over that fear. Now I fight to protect the ones I love, instead of scaring them. In the end, I think it both goes hand and hand, we all had to go on our journey to meet all the people that we've met and their the ones who's changed us. Their the ones who brings out the best in us.
Ash - You know, people grow through Pokémon Battles too. I believe when two trainers battle it out, they understand each other better than when their talking.
Nate - I have to agree with that one, I have friends who have very strong opinions or feelings for certain things. And more times then none I feel like the best way I truly understand them is through a Pokémon Battle.
Sun - I'll be honest with all of you, I don't necessarily have the same goals as all of you in becoming a great trainer. But I do get what your all saying, and if you ask me I think having a goal helps a ton. I have my own goal of obtaining 100 million yen, so I think that having a goal along with going your journey with your friends is seriously important to, you know. I'm sure all of ya'll got your own goals, right?

..................

Calem - To become Kalos King.
Nate - To keep the peace and to protect both people and pokémon.
Lucas - To travel as long as possible with my friends.
Brendan - To be strong enough to protect the ones I love and graceful enough as to not scare them.
Ethan - To have an adventure unlike any other.
Red - To become the best trainer who ever lived.
Ash - To become a Pokémon Master.
Red, Ash, Ethan, Brendan, Lucas, Nate, Calem - THAT IS MY DREAM!!!