0.6

I want to hold
your hand
picking the blue
flower

━━━━━━━━━

it's been a week. a week since i met ara. a week since i let my walls down. a week where im finally happy.

i've hung out with ara every day in the forest, but today i decided to go somewhere different. there's a hidden field on the other side of the forest. it's a pretty long trip, so i told ara the day before to prepare.

"where are we going?"

all i did was smile and keep walking, which made her even more confused and a little scared.

"ya! where are we going?"

"you'll see"

"oh my god, you aren't bringing me to a secluded area where you can kill me and bury my remains.. right?"

i pretended to falter and hesitate just to freak her out.

"... n-no, why would you think that?"

the look on her face was priceless, i had to use every muscle in my body to contain my laugh. she eventually caught on thanks to my red face from holding my breath so long.

"oh my god! don't joke around like that! i was actually starting to think that"

she started hitting me and i finally let myself go and started laughing hysterically.

"okay okay stop, im sorry okay? i can't help that you're so gullible"

i managed to make out inbetween giggles. she stopped hitting me and started pouting instead. we started walking again in silence for a good ten minutes. all of a sudden i heard her honey-like voice pierce through the air.

"you know, i still don't know your name"

"oh really, guess i forgot"

i gave her a smirk and she looked at me like i was dumb, but i ignored it and kept walking.

by nightfall we reached our destination, a field with wildflowers and tall grass and a crystal clear pond off to the side. we were standing on a hill which gave us a better sight of the place. there was a rainbow of different flowers contrasting against the plain grass the glint of the moon reflecting off of the water completed the look, making everything look like it came right out of a fairytale.

ara looked at it in awe, and caught me by surprise by turning and giving me a soft hug. i froze and looked at the tiny girl around my torso before wrapping my arms around her.

"d-do you like it?"

she pulled away from the hug and stared into my eyes.

"are you kidding me? i am in pure bliss right now, i swear this is what heaven looks like!"

i snickered as she took off into the field. i watched her frolick around like a doe in a meadow, thinking she was the one that came out of the fairytale. she suddenly fell and i got worried, thinking she hurt herself or something. i was about to go check on her until i heard her crisp laughter, then saw her rolling around amongst the plants.

i laughed and decided to join her, plopping down onto the ground and starting to race after her down the hill. we eventually came to a stopping point and started picking some flowers. i noticed how focused she was on finding one of each flower. she was so delicate when taking them, afraid that it might hurt them like it would a human. i wanted to hold her hand picking the blue flower, but i thought she wouldn't want me to, so i didnt.

we ended up laying down at the top of the hill, looking up at the stars together. she looked over at me and smiled at me, this time it seemed brighter than usual.

"i really had a great time tonight.. thank you"

i took a minute to admire her features under the moonlight, before giving her a smile in return and responding.

"you're welcome.. and, it's minho"

she looked at me in confusion, so i clarified what i had meant.

"minho, my name is minho.."

her face lit up more than the sun ever could, causing my breath to hitch. she's so ethereal, i think im having a heart attack.

"minho.. minho minho minho... i like it, it suits you"

"well it is my name, its kind of has to suit me you know"

we both laughed and turned back to gaze at the stars again. i could hear her muttering my name under her breath and i smiled wider than the grand canyon.

before we knew it, it was already 2am, and neither of us wanted to leave.

"come on, we should get you back home"

she nodded before yawning and rubbing her eyes. why does she have to be so cute all the time? it physically pains me. i grabbed her hands and pulled her up into my arms, embracing her in a tight hug. this time she froze, but eventually wrapped her arms around my waist.

"thank you for today, i really enjoyed it"

i whispered to her as she hugged me tighter.

"no, thank you minho"

my heart fluttered as she nuzzled her head into my chest. i softly chuckled and pat her head.

"aish you little baby, let's go home now"

and with that we made our journey back into town, splitting apart and going our seperate ways. the whole trip home all i could think about was her cuddled up into my chest, and the feeling of my heart about to explode.

as i enter my apartment, i looked around to see how cold and dark it was. i couldnt feel her warmth anymore. i couldnt feel the happiness from rolling down the hill with her. i couldnt feel the butterflies erupting in my stomach when she said my name. i couldnt feel how inhumanely fast my heart was beating when she hugged me.

all i could feel was loneliness.