Chapter 14

A/N: This is the longest chapter I ever wrote (more than 5 600 words). So, get yourself a popcorn and enjoy.

-- -- --

It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body.

But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer.

The Twilight Drive-in, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most. With sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials.

LOUIS' POV:

It was Friday, when I arranged to go over to Niall's house that afternoon, right after school has ended. I really like going over to Niall's, because his parents aren't usually at home, which is great.

It's the complete opposite of my house. My house is always filled with people. Either it is my parents, or all of my sisters. It's always loud and hectic.

As I came inside, Niall took two water bottles out of the fridge with a white pizza box. He must've ordered it before I came.

"So," Niall says, jumping onto his bed, still holding the box of pizza in his hand. "How's Harry doin'?"

"Nuh-uh, we're not talking about me again." I say, shaking my head, sitting down next to my best friend. "We are going to talk about you."

"What about me?" Niall asks, biting into a piece of pizza.

"Well, do you like someone? Any crushes?" I ask, poking his side and he giggled before answering.

"I kinda had a thing for Liam, but I think he likes Zayn." Niall shrugs his shoulders, not really bothered by the fact Liam might like someone other than him.

"Zayn?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed. "But I thought he's straight."

"He acts like he is, but I think he doesn't want to come out of the closet just yet. I mean, have you seen how he looks at Liam?"

"No," I shake my head, interested in what Niall has to say. "How?"

"Like he wants Liam to fuck him!" he exclaims like it's the most oblivious thing in the world.

"Oh," I laugh.

"Man, I'm not even surprised you haven't noticed. You keep looking at Harry."

I hit his arm playfully, rolling my eyes. "You can't blame me!"

Niall squints his eyes, pointing with his painted finger at me, saying "True. Harry is so damn hot."

"And he's mine."

"So, you're official?"

"No," I shake my head, looking at my lap. "Unfortunately it's not official."

"I'm sorry for that," Niall gives me an sympathetic look, squeezing my shoulder. "I'm sure you'll be able to call him boyfriend soon enough."

I look at Niall's fingers for a second, admiring the pink colour covering his nails. It looks pretty on him. I wonder what it would look like on my nails.

"Niall?"

He hums in response, telling me he's listening, even though he keeps his eyes on the TV.

"Would you.. I, um.. Would you paint my nails?" I ask shyly, fiddling with my fingers and looking down at them.

Niall squeaks and I, terrified, look up. He's grinning ear to ear. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"