Soon everyone sits and settles down and the teams come out to play.
"What if we lost? Why would they still have a party?" I asked.
"Because, it's a Friday night and it doesn't matter" Sam shrugs. "Don't be negative though."
"Well I mean it's a 50/50 chance we win or lose, so might as well be realistic here" I shrug.
"Think positive JO!" Austin and Sam tell me.
"Geez Chill Guys" I tell them.

Dylan was dribbling the ball getting closer to the hoop.
"That's your man right?" A girl beside me says. I didn't know her name but I've seen her around.
"Yeah" I laugh.
"He's so hot. You're lucky" she grins.
"He's lucky" I say she laughs.
"Yes obviously! You're hot too!" She tells me.
"Thanks" I smile. That was nice. I wasn't always a bitch for no reason. Unless they're trash.
  "I think you guys are cute together," she goes on.
  "Hopefully" I laugh a bit.
  "I'm Penelope by the way, I know your name!" She says she has a big smile on her face.
  "Nice meeting you" I state.

I look back at the game. We were already up by 1 point. I look around.
  "How long is this?" I asked Sam in a lower voice.
  "I don't know" he shrugs. "Why? Already bored?" He laughs.
  "No, it's just... kinda" I say laughing.
  "You'll live" he tells me I shake my head.
  "I don't know."
  "Pretty sure" he nods.
"We'll see" I remark he shakes his head with a chuckle.

~

The game was done and we won! So that's good. And people were all heading to the party that was happening. I see Dylan. I go up to him.
"Good job!" I said he turns and smiles.
"Thanks!" He says pulling me closer and kissing me. "It was all because of that good luck kiss."
"Yeah I'm sure" I nod he chuckles.
"Wanna drive with me to the party?" He asks.
"I was gonna go with Sam and Austin and Stella" I tell him. When in actuality I just didn't really feel like getting into a car with him.
"Ok, I'll see you there then?" He asks I nod.
"Yeah see you" I say turning and going back to Austin, Sam and Stella.
"Had to praise your man for his good work?" Austin smirks I roll my eyes pushing him he laughs Sam laughs along.
"Where's Stella?" I ask when I notice she's not there.
"To talk to a guy" Austin answers. Stella and Dylan's friends didn't click well. So that didn't go anywhere.
"Oh, are we waiting for her?" I question.
"No" they both say.
"Cool" I laugh.

I sit up front in Sam's car obviously.
"Time to party!" Austin says I shake my head and laugh. I play with my sweatshirt that was still with me. I look out the window thinking about how I'm gonna have to tell Dylan sometime about my anxiety and accident if we last long. And so he knows that I'm hesitant about getting into his car. It gives me anxiety thinking about it. It weird to even go to parties. Everyone has issues Jo, you'll be fine for now.
"Earth to Jo! Are you alright?" Sam asks. I look at him as he drove.
"Yeah what's up?" Austin asks.
"Huh? Nothing, I was just in thought" I shrug. I see Sam look at me from my peripheral. This guy can read me like a book and I don't like it. But I guess he relates. I look straight at the road as we near the house the party's at.

We get there moments later Sam parks on the street because it was already packed. Austin hops out the car immediately. I unbuckle my seat belt.
"You sure you're okay?" Sam asks. I put my sweatshirt on actually.
"Yeah I'm doing great" I nod lying. I bite my lip. "We gonna go in?" I asked moving my hand to the handle.
"What's wrong?" He asks. Well kind of demands.
"Nothing I told you this" I let out a laugh to make it look like nothing.
"Jo, by now you should know that I know you good enough to know you aren't ok right now" he mutters giving me a look.
"Look I'm just anxious about the whole party thing. You saw how I was at the game with all the people, I'll get over it though" I kinda lie. I mean yeah I get anxious in the place but it quickly moves on.
"You're a horrible liar" he rolls his eyes. He runs a hand through his hair.
"I beg to differ. Also I'm not lying and I'm going in" I go to open the door he locks it. "Idiot, I can easily unlock it" I said as I do an She tour he groans I shut the door. He comes out catching up to me.
"I thought we were close!" He says.
"We are" I nod.
"But you aren't telling me the truth."
"I am" I sigh. The music gets louder the closer we get.
"Is it Dylan?" He questions.
"It's nothing" I groan we get into the house the music blasting.
"Fine I won't push!" He yells over the music. I look around erratically.
"Thanks!" I reply.
"JO!" I heard a video ice I look around Dylan shows up.
"Hey!" I say.
"You arrived" he grins.
"Mmhmm" I nod.
"Want a drink?" He asks.
"Sure" I nod. He grabs my hand. I turn to Sam.
"You coming?" I asked.
"No, I gotta go to the washroom actually" he tells me.
"Okay, then come after?" I say he nods and Dylan pulls me along with him to the kitchen. He makes me some concoction. "Thanks."
  "Yeah" he nods.
  "Whose house is this?" I ask he laughs.
  "Jonathan's" He replies.
  "Oh" I laugh. "It's fricken huge."
  "Yeah, he's got this giant pool" he tells me I sip my strong ass drink.
  "Cool! I want a pool" I mutter he laughs again.
  "I have one at my house" he tells me.
  "Well I'm gonna have to use it cause it's getting closer to summer each day" I tell him.
  "Anytime," he smiles.
  "Great!" I smile back. "I'm so taking that offer up."
  "I also have a hot tub" he adds I laugh.
  "You're really trying to get me in one of your pools" I joke he laughs.
  "Definitely am" he nods. "That's exactly why I brought up the hot tub, because it's not exactly the time to swim in a pool. You have to take me up on that offer" he says.
  "We'll see" I laugh. "I don't like it too eager Dylan."
He laughs.
  "Okay, wanna go have fun?" He asks.
  "I do" I nod. "Let's go!" I down the rest of my drink grabbing another before we go.