Ch. 29

Alison's POV.

It's been a week since the miscarriage. We're doing okay, better than I thought. It's been hard, but there's nothing I can do to change that.

Emily and I thought that since the twins are almost two, they would enjoy the zoo.

The zoo is about a two hour drive from Rosewood.

"Awmost thewe?" Lily asks, and plays with her bottle of water.

"Almost there, baby." I say, and rub her foot from the passenger side, as Emily drives.

We've only been on the road for thirty minutes.

After about twenty minutes, both twins are asleep after we sang twinkle twinkle little star, The itsy-bitsy spider, brother John, and Johnny Johnny. Each about three times, but they're out cold and that's all that matters.

"What should we take them to see first?" I ask Emily.

"I think that they'd really enjoy seeing the monkeys. They have baby monkeys now, and they let the kids play with them." Emily says excitedly with a huge grin on her face. She's such a child. But I love her.

"Okay, and after that, I wanna see the hippos." I say.

"Alrighty." Emily says.

Once we get there, I set up the double stroller and Emily wakes up the kids gently.

I go to the side of the car Grace is in, and Emily goes to the side Lily is in.

"Good morning my sleeping beauties." I say quietly, while Grace snuggles her head into my chest.

"Mama?" Grace mumbles.

"Yeah, baby?" I ask, and kiss the top of her head while Emily buckles Lily in the stroller.

"I love you." She says, making my heart melt.

"I love you too. Soooo much." I say and snuggle her a little closer.

She lets go of me a little bit and wants to be put in the stroller with her sister.

I buckle her in, and Emily pushes the stroller.

"What can I get you?" The woman at the little register place asks.

"Four wristbands, please." I ask.

"That'll be $40.00." She says

I hand her the money, and she hands me the wristbands.

"Thank you." I say, and we exit the small building and go to a picnic table nearby.

"Here." I say, and put Emilys wristband on her wrist, then I kiss the back of her hand.

"Thank you, my love." She says.

I smile, and she puts mine on me.

I put Lily's wristband on her and Emily puts Grace's wristband on her.

"You girls ready?" I ask them in a baby voice.

They nod their heads rapidly, and we begin our trek through the gravel trails.

"Look at the monkeys, girls." Emily says excitedly.

The girls look at the monkeys.

"Would you like to hold them?" One of the workers asks the girls.