Prologue:

I knocked on the door to Emily and Rosie's room .

"Come in" a voice called .

I opened the door and stepped inside .

Emily looked up at me from her book and smiled "Hello Laila." I smiled back "Hello Emily."

Emily was a petite blonde with emerald green eyes . She was 12 years old . She would turn 13 next month . She was wearing a green top with jeans and a hairband with a big green flower on the side .

"Hello Rosie"

Rosie noticed me and placed her dolls down "Hello Laila" .

Rosie was an adorable 4 year old . She had ginger hair that was in pigtails and bright blue eyes . She was wearing a pink nightgown . There were freckles dusted across her nose .

"Girls , it's time for bed"

Rosie climbed in her bed with her teddy bear .

Emily was already on hers so she placed the book on her nightstand and got off the bed . She walked to their closet and opened it . She pulled out a mint green nightgown and went to the bathroom that was connected to the room with a door .

She came back , adorning the nightgown and climbed in her bed .

She laid down . I went to her bed and bent down , kissing her forehead "Night sweetie" .

I turned off her lamp and walked over to Rosie who was laying down , hugging her teddy bear .

I sat down beside her and stroked her hair "Good night , sweetie" .

I kissed her cheek . I turned her lamp off and walked to the door . I turned the nightlight on before going out of the room , closing the door behind me .

I walked down the hallway and stopped in front of a white door . I opened it and stepped inside .

The walls were a soft pink and there was a bed pushed against one wall .

I walked over to the desk and sat down on the chair , picking my diary up . I pulled a pencil out when the doorbell rang .

Who could possibly be here at midnight?

I shrugged and got up . I walked out and went to the stairs .

***

A small keypad slid out of the slit and I typed in the code .

The iron doors slid open and what I saw scared/surprised me .

A little girl was standing . She was 6-7 , at least that's what I guessed . She had long black hair and dark brown eyes . A white half sleeved dress was draped over her natural beige skin . She was hugging a stuffed tiger toy . Her feet were bare . She was bruised and a bit covered in dirt .

I quickly ran to her and knelt down to her eye level .

"Sweetie , are you OK?" I asked her , worried for health .

She shook her head . I put a hand on her shoulder and she flinched a bit "What's your name?" .

She shook her head again . "You don't have one?"

Poor baby .

"How old are you?" . She shook her head .

"Don't you talk?" I asked . She wasn't saying anything . Of course I was gonna ask her that .

"I do" She said in a soft whisper .

"What are you doing here?"

"Can you help me?" She asked innocently . Her eyes and voice were begging and desperate . There were tears in her eyes . My heart shattered when she said that .

"Of course sweetie , come on" I looked at her for permission and she nodded . I wrapped my arms around her and picked her up . She rested her head on my shoulder as I walked in and the doors slid close with a hush .

***

I went inside my room , the girl still in my arms .

I placed her on the bed  and sat down beside her "How old are you?" .

"Six" She answered . What in the world was a six year old girl doing here at midnight!?

I stroked her hair "Come on , let's get you cleaned up."

I led her to the bathroom.

I walked to the bathtub and turned the tap on.

I helped her undress and she climbed inside the bathtub.

After a few minutes of me cleaning her up in the bathtub and her silently playing with the water, I asked "You don't have a name?"

She shook her head "No. You can name me if you want."

There was one name that I've always loved...

"What do you think about the name Amelia?"

"It's pretty" She admitted.

"Well then, you're Amelia. Amelia Earhart. Do you like it?"

She smiled. The first time I had seen her smile since she got here.

"I love it"

***

I gently laid her down on my bed when she fell asleep.

I'll get her room ready tomorrow.

I opened my diary.

Dear Diary,

Amelia Earhart,

The little girl who knocked on my door at midnight

Yours Truly,

Laila

Yay! Prologue done!

What do you guys think of it?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I got 50 followers!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Check you later!

P.S Yes, I watch Shopkins.