Chapter 10. The Hang Out (ii)

Start from the beginning

He handed his phone and I dialed my mobile number and saved it as "Clarrisse Club" to save my name the stress of being save as something extra funny. When he saw it he looked at me and smiled.

Derek was shocked to see someone on his seat, Dude offered Derek a hand shake, Derek shook his hands and he walked away.   

It's over 2 hours and I'm kinda tipsy but I know my alcohol gauge so I'm really managing it. Derek has decided not to listen to me, he is drinking so much, well I will just let him drown himself in Hennessy I will definitely drive maybe he needs it.

"I'm screaming into Derek's ear,  Can we leave now?"

"....Ok let's go,  I cant feel my legs?"

How can he feel his legs with the amount of alcohol he consumed, he shouldn't even be able to feel his lungs. I was tipsy but strong enough to help him up and I held him tightly. We got to the car and I pleaded with him to let me drive he obliged I drove
very slow I was extra careful.
Derek was as good as lifeless he wasn't sleeping he wasn't awake. Finally he spoke.

"Clarrisse I don't wanna go home"

"What are talking about?  Maybe you can't reason accurately because of the alcohol, we are going to your house".

"Don't be stupid Clar, I'm not 100 percent drunk.  I need to crash in a hotel OK.  I can't go home"

"Derek I don't get, Hotel? "

"Madam take me to a very comfortable hotel I can"t struggle with the generator in this state I just need somewhere I'm sure of power supply"

"Oh OK. I will just take the next turn we just drove pass "LeMeridian".

We are in the hotel reception and thank goodness it's not fully booked.  I got a room using his debit card 💳. He managed to get to the room, I have decided to chill on the couch it's comfy enough. What was I even thinking staying in the same room with someone I feel I'm in love with.

Derek came out of the bathroom holding his clothes, OMG with just his boxer on. Damn I feel like I should grab him and kiss the hell out of him. I'm so scared of my thoughts right now, I want Derek badly seeing his abs, muscles and all just makes my soul yearn for him.  How can I survive in this room alone with Derek. He doesn't know what he is saying he is asking to come over, like come sleep on the bed.

"Clarrisse you can actually use the other end of the bed come on.  You need to catch some sleep, He manages to say calmly"

"ahh sure! I will just have a quick shower"

I'm thinking about Derek right now,  he doesn't even see me like that, shit Clarrisse do you expect your friends husband to see you like that???  What are you thinking? Vania is your sister,  but people can hurt me and say sorry and I let go.  Why can't I hurt people too. But Vania hasn't done anything wrong to you,  Yeah! did I do anything wrong to Lola? Did I do anything wrong to all the people who have left me broken and hurt in the past? What did momma do to dad that he left her broken for years? In the bath I broke down in tears I cried like a child. Why is life unfair? What have I ever done wrong?  Can't God just forgive me my sins and have mercy on me?  Everything I want is either taken or not meant for me,  Everything  that has ever given me joy has been stolen. 

No I won't hurt Vania or anyone, if God has decided that I die a lonely woman then so be it.  I won't force joy,  I won't force happiness, I won't force love, I won't force life.  I deserve all the best but if God thinks otherwise so be it.

I quickly came out of the bath, dried my body and hair. Put my clothes back on and came back into the room. Derek was fast asleep. I felt like something happened in my mind. Like the shower washed away all the ill feelings and thoughts. I covered Derek with the duvet and myself too I laid on the bed and it was totally OK for me.  I'm a strong African woman I won't let my flesh control me. You know what? women, we are stronger than we know.

********************************
The sound of my ringtone wakes me up.  I press my eyes because I can hardly open them. Derek is still snoring his life away.
I manage to look at my phone is almost 1.pm and Momma has been calling, Vania too. Who do I call first?. Vania

Calling.... Vania

Vania: Clarrisse I got your text this morning and Derek's mobile is switched off.

Me: yeah we hung out yesterday and he had    so much alcohol, I'm sorry I couldn't control him. He is here but still sleeping.

Vania: ah at least I know he is fine. My dear you can't control Derek when he wants to get naughty. Thank you so much sister,  for being there always.

Me: Please babe don't thank me its fine. Lemme return momma's call I will talk to you later.

Vania: Aii love you.

Cuts phone line.

Thank you Jesus, how would I have faced my bestie if I had slept with her husband last night. Indeed this cup passed over me.  I called momma and told her I was fine and she sounded really worried but I just gave her assurance and told her I would see her soon.  Right now I just need to go back to sleep afterall we have till 12 noon Sunday. The bed is big comfy.

I lay back down, reflecting on the events of the past hours when a notification interrupts my thoughts.
It's a text message

Unknown number
Good day Clarrisse
It's me Bryan, I hope you got home safely? How is your boo? Hope he wont kill you if he finds out you dropped your contact. Well this is my number please don't save it as Bryan club.

This text made me laugh out loud. Men and their ways of finding out stuffs. I just had to save his number.

Me
Yeah I'm fine and Derek is not my boo. He is my besties hubby. And I wont save your name as Bryan Club.

Bryan
OH sorry I ran into conclusions. Please can we do lunch tomorrow after church? Please don't say no. No more favors please just this once.

Me
Good enough you did not ask for lunch or dinner today. Tomorrow is fine.

Bryan
Oh thank you so much you just made my year.  See you tomorrow. I will text you the details later. Have an exceptional day Clarrie.

How does Vanny catch any sleep with Derek  snoring this loud.  Jeez!! I used a pillow to cover my ears. Amma sleep for hours. Phewwww.