Chapter 14

The next morning when Jughead woke up, he found out that Veronica was still asleep against his chest.

'Crap,' Jughead thought. 'I need to leave before anybody sees us.'

Slowly, he laid Veronica down on her bed, then crept out of the room.

"Good morning Jughead!" Gladys Jones chirped. She was the polar opposite of her son. She was obviously a morning person and she looked very fresh; while Jughead had dark circles under his eyes and constantly looked tired.

"Morning," Jughead grumbled, still tired and the weight of his revelations last night still on his shoulders.

Gladys' smile fell slightly when Jughead had still not called her mom again since her arrival, but hid her disappointment by serving him breakfast.

————————————————————————

One look at the clock was able to fully wake Veronica in panic. She was supposed to make breakfast at 7, but it was already 8. She had overslept.

She rushed through her morning routine of brushing her teeth, washing her face, applying face cream, brushing her hair and rushing downstairs.

"I overslept," Veronica apologised professionally, concealing her frantic with her facade, when she saw everyone at the breakfast table already. "I'll go buy Pops instead."

"Don't worry, Veronica, Gladys has made breakfast for us today, sit down," FP said pleasantly, motioning for the girl in her pyjamas to sit down.

"Ah, Genevieve, early as always," Cheryl grinned at Veronica.

"What's with your affinity with nicknaming me with fictional princesses? I'm a queen, not a princess," Veronica replied haughtily, neatly cutting her pancake.

"Whoa Elsa, no need to be so cold," Cheryl returned.

"Hey, Elsa is a perfect fit for her," Toni supported her girl.

"And that makes you Anna?" Veronica enquired, comparing Toni's pink, braided hair to Anna's strawberry blonde plaits.

"Na, I don't want to build a snowman," Toni shook her head, digging into her food.

"Just shut up, y'all are giving me a headache," Jughead grumbled as he wolfed down his second plate.

————————————————————————

Jughead scaled Riverdale United College. It was his return after his concussion during the fire. Most students kept clear of the Serpent King, his right hand girl, the former Queen Bee of Riverdale High, and the former Northside princess as they strolled in the halls.

"Yo Jug! How you doing?" Sweet Pea yelled to him across the hall as he approached them.

"Feel like a trainwreck," Jughead replied, massaging his head.

"Must be because of the trainwreck beside you," Sweet Pea gave Veronica the side eye snidely.

"Oh, I'm not your mirror, Sweet Pea," Veronica immediately fired back.

"What the hell Sweet Pea? Apologise! She's been nothing but loyal to us and you treat her like this?" Jughead aggressively chastised his rude friend.

Sweet Pea held up his hands, unconvinced, but willing to appease his angry best friend.

But none of them were appeased.

"Playing with ice and fire is not a wise choice, Sweet Pea," Cheryl glared at him. " If you play with either again, this pea here," she guestured to him, "will be severely burnt."

Sweet Pea shot daggers at the unwavering girls a final time before stalking away, sulking.

The bell rang and the four of them left to their respective classes.

Consequencesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें