I Think I Wanna Marry You

Poppy and Branch decided to wait until after Flower's birthday to plan for the wedding. Branch let Poppy make most of the decisions, with the exceptions of the cake (devil's food), the guest list (he obviously wasn't comfortable with inviting the entire village), and what outfit he was going to wear (that was Satin and Chenille's job). Bridget was asked to officiate the marriage and Smidge to be Poppy's maid of honor. As for the best man, Branch wasn't particularly close to anyone, so he pulled Guy Diamond's name out of a hat. For their honeymoon, the happy couple was to spend two weeks at Silver Lake, which was most beautiful during the early spring. And of course, Poppy and Branch needed to decide where they'd live once they were married. They argued about it for months, but Poppy gave in and agreed to move into the bunker. She found it too cute how much he wanted to protect her and their daughter.

So, after a ten-month engagement, Poppy was ready to marry the Troll she loved with all her heart.

🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻

“So, we worked on it for hours and hours," Satin explained to the girls. “Once it was finished, it just screamed... ‘Poppy.'"

Poppy stepped out from behind a curtain wearing a white, sleeveless gown with a sweetheart neckline and rosemaling patterns made of sparkles, her hair tied together with a purple ribbon.

“Oh, my gah!" Smidge exclaimed.

“Looking rad, Pops," DJ said.

“Aw, you guys," Poppy replied, blushing. Then, she turned to Satin and Chenille. “This gown is awesome, how did you come up with this?"

The fashion twins took a moment to answer, but Chenille was the first to speak.

“The process was brutal."

“It always is," Satin added.

At the pod's door, former King Peppy cleared his throat and got the girls' attention.

“It's time," he informed them. Smidge, DJ Suki, Satin and Chenille headed out while Peppy took his daughter's hands and smiled.

“Look at you," he sighed. “My little girl is now marrying the Troll of her dreams."

“Well, maybe not my dreams, but..." Poppy giggled. “You know, ever since I was pregnant with Flower, I often wondered what being with Branch would be like. But... the minute he told me he loved me, I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else since."

King Peppy smiled with tears in his eyes. “I know the two of you will be very happy together."

“Thanks, Dad," Poppy replied, tearing up as well.

“Now, come on," said the old king. “I have to give you away now."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Poppy walked through the small crowd with the biggest smile her face had ever made. Despite all the happy faces of her closest friends, all she could focus on was the handsome man on the other side.

“Hi, Mommy," Flower said, holding a pillow with two rings.

“Hi, cutie," Poppy replied, bending down and kissing her forehead. “Keep an eye on those, okay?"

“Okay, Mommy," Flower agreed, her grandfather sitting down next to her.

“Hello everyone," Bridget said nervously. “We are here today to... bring together these two... in an eternal bond... Sorry, Troll weddings are a lot different than Bergen ones."

“It's okay, just do your best," Branch said. “We wrote our own vows, anyway."

“Okay, good," Bridget sighed. “Because I don't know what you usually say."

Branch went first. “Poppy, I've known you for a long time, and despite all the years you drove me crazy with your constant hugging, singing, dancing and... glitter... you were the only light in my dark world. You brought me hope, showed me happiness, gave me love that I'm more than happy to return... All I ask is for you to stay with me forever, and I will always be there to protect you."

Poppy cried a little and began her vows.

“Oh, Branch... I always knew there was something special about you. I never thought this day would come, but I wouldn't have this any other way. I love you, I'm happy to be marrying you, I hope to have more children with you, and spend the rest of my life by your side. You won't get rid of me that easy."

“I don't plan to," Branch chuckled.

“Now, I'm guessing this is the part where you give each other rings?" Bridget asked.

“Flower, come here, baby," Branch said sweetly as the toddler took tiny steps towards her parents while holding the rings. Poppy and Branch each took a ring and put it on each others' fingers.

“Well, by the power I carry on my shoulders, I know pronounce you husband and wife," Bridget concluded and sighed in relief. Poppy and Branch kissed each other passionately as Flower hugged her father's legs.

“Way to go, Braaaaaanch!" Guy Diamond sang joyously.

As the happy couple pulled away from each other, Poppy asked, “Ready for a new chapter?"

Branch lifted the little girl into the air and replied, “I'm ready for anything."

I'm sorry that took so long. My mind's been all over the place, really. I'm not sure where to go next, as a matter of fact.

But I'll figure it out. In the meantime, keep yourselves occupied with what you wanna see in TTBGO season three or Trolls World Tour.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏼