12 Nadine's POV (Final Chapter)

"He's one of my favorites." I said, still looking at the sky.

"Well, I figured when we... you know, grew apart, he wouldn't be your favorite anymore." He said, rather awkwardly.

"The plushie doesn't have anything to do with that." I said. It was true, somewhat. The plushie nor the other things he gave me wouldn't be less important just because we 'grew apart.' He wouldn't be less important to me just because I became less important to him. Well, maybe I was never important.

He chuckled.

"I think I can sleep now." I said, after a while.

I wanted to keep walking away, but I knew I needed to say it to him at least.

"I missed this. I missed talking to you." I smiled at him. "I missed you, James."

"Naddie." I stopped at his word. I was surprised. He hadn't called me that for ages.

"I missed you, too." He said, walking towards me.

"I love you, Naddie."

I can't really explain how it felt.

No words can, I think.

I can't even really think.

After a while we broke apart. I slowly opened my eyes. I don't even remember that I closed them.

James was smiling at me. He was just so handsome.

He rested his forehead against mine and placed his arms over my shoulder.

I felt my face grow hot, but I couldn't help but smile at him as well.

No one spoke. Honestly, I didn't really know what I would say.

We kissed. It felt like a lifetime while it lasted, but somehow I was wishing it went for longer.

I like James--no, I love him. I've known that all along, but I was afraid. There was so many reasons why I shouldn't-- we shouldn't. It was very risky, not just for our careers, but for our friendship as well.

But just earlier, he told me those three words.

"I love you." I could still his voice in my head.

And then he pulled me as if wanting to kiss me, but hesitated at the last second.

I was shocked and confused then. But then I saw his eyes.

And then I realized that he, too, was afraid.

But more than our careers and our friendship, I saw through his eyes what I was most afraid of. What we were most afraid of -- rejection.

And then I found myself kissing him. Wanting to prove to him that there was nothing to be afraid of, wanting to prove to myself that everything was well.

And with just that one touch, we change.

I don't know where we stand now, but I'm quite sure we're in the same place.

Suddenly the door burst open and I was distracted. James and I looked to the direction of the door to find Mike and Henz there.

"WE'RE SORRY!" They said together, simultaneously bowing.

Their voices stirred both Lauren and Ishii up.

I looked back at James and he smiled. Taking my hand, we both moved towards our friends. Sam also stood up, as Ishii and Lauren sat up from our 'mattress'.