Ch 4 (Under Construction)

As I was still trying to process what Danny meant, a large clump of mud hit Danny in the back of the head. I jumped in response, wincing. Mud in the hair looked awful. "Make that two problems." Danny turned around, eyeing a large jock. One with short blond hair and blue eyes. He looked as though his ego was bigger than his brain. I watched as he angrily stormed towards the group with a plate of mud.

"I ordered three mud pies. Do you know what they gave me? Three, mud, pies! With mud!" He put an emphasis on the mud part. "From the ground! All because of your girlfriend!" He continued on his mud-induced rant.

Danny was awfully quick to defend himself. "She's not my girlfriend!" He motioned towards Sam, who replied to the jock as well.

"I'm not his girlfriend!" She was looking rather cross as well. I used this as a moment to sneak off and find the reason why that odd sort of mist appeared. As I was about to escape the cafeteria, I heard someone shout from behind me.

"GARBAGE FIGHT!" Almost immediately, different types of veggies began flying around the room, speckled with different types of soils and (you guessed it) mud. I dodged what I could before slipping into the hallway. I knocked a piece of dirt off my shoulder, before looking around. The sensation in my chest seemed duller and I sighed.

"Maybe that means that whatever set that... sense off, is probably still in the cafeteria." I peeked through the door windows, seeing that the food fight was still in progress. I looked down at myself and back at the cafeteria. "I can't just run through there looking for the culprit and dodging mud balls at the same time. Please, please work." I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to change back to my previous form. Shortly after, I felt a tingly sensation going throughout my body as my clothes and other features changed. I looked down at my palms, finding the familiar white gloves had appeared back on my hands. A wide grin spread across my face and I laughed lightly. "Ha! It worked!" As I was celebrating the little bit of control that I had gained, I heard quick footsteps running down the hall. I can't be seen like this! I stepped back and watched as a bald (and slightly overweight) man ran by, and busted into the cafeteria. He had passed me and paid no attention, as if I didn't exist. I rose a brow in confusion before flying up and phasing through the cafeteria doors. I saw a mud pie fly towards me and I held my arms up in defense, only for the pie to fly straight through my intangible and invisible body. "This day just keeps getting weirder... invisibility now? Seriously?" It was as if I was a ghost or something.

I flew over the crowd, looking down and spotting nothing but squabbling teenagers and a couple upset teachers. "Whatever set that off, isn't in here." A flash of light caught my eye, and I watched as the light seeped under the kitchen door. I quickly landed and phased through the kitchen door, my invisibility wearing off when I stepped inside. I spotted the same green lady from that odd place I was in earlier, with the pink dress and all. Now that I saw her up close, I could see she kinda looked like a school cafeteria lunch lady. The light I had seen were the kitchen's stoves, which were lit up with green flames, and seemed to have taken on a persona all by themselves. I watched as the lunch lady phased through the ceiling, and the stoves launched at three teens. Wait. I had to take a double-take, looking at the three again. It was Sam, Tucker, and another kid who I didn't even know. He was floating above the ground, and didn't seem to notice me. I wouldn't have noticed me either if I had three angry stoves lunging at me. I watched as he grabbed a hold of Sam and Tucker, and pulled them through the wall with him, away from the stoves. I phased through the wall after them in hot pursuit.

I came out behind the lunch lady, who seemed to be gathering a bunch of meat and other meat-based items as a sort of armor. I have to help out somehow! I lifted my fist to punch this meat monster in the back of the head, but my fist began to light up in a sort of neon green color. "Oh god, another one-!" I was interrupted by an ectoblast shooting from my fist, blasting through the lunch lady's shoulder, and hitting the ghost boy straight in the chest. Thankfully, it didn't do more than knock him onto the ground. The blast, it seemed, had caused him to transform. He was no longer the ghost-like boy I had seen before, but Danny, the boy I had met earlier. I froze up slightly, watching as the lunch lady grabbed him and Tucker, slamming them into the lockers before grabbing Sam and disappearing once again.

I saw Danny look up at me with a mixture of emotions, mostly anger. "Another ghost?! Can't we catch a break?!" I saw him and Tucker stand up, and Tuck looked at him with a worried expression.

"Come on, change back, we gotta go!" Tucker said hurriedly, before being grabbed by the same teacher who ran past me earlier. I turned invisible again and tried to follow after the lunch lady, only hearing the teacher as I flew off.

"You two aren't going anywhere."