Her Love Heals

"Lena please you need to eat something honey. The doctor said it's important." Dana said as her young daughter laid under the covers watching TV. It had been a few days since she had eaten and a few days since she had even spoken to Stef. Maybe she forgot about her or went on with her own life finally. Deep inside the young girl knew that wasn't true but the fear of it took over her big time.

"I'm not hungry mom."

"You have to be hungry sweetheart. How can you not be. Please eat."

"I'm not hungry." Lena persisted turning over as Dana let out a sigh. Placing the tray down on the table she took a seat on her daughters bed wondering how she was going to get through to her. It didn't seem like she could no matter what she said or did or promised. She knew there was only one thing her daughter wanted and one person only and that was something she couldn't do for her. Lena would have to get over that Stef girl if it was the last thing she did.

"Sweetheart it's important to eat so you can get well. You have to stop this protest. Listen I know you are upset that we had to come back here, I know you miss California."

"No mom I don't miss California I miss my girlfriend. I love her and you don't understand."

"Lena you are just a child. You don't know what love is."

"Yeah I do. I love Stef and we are going to be together forever. She's going to be a cop and I'm going to be a teacher and we are going to adopt five kids."

"Goodness. Do you both not know the laws? You can't marry."

"We don't care. Maybe by the then it will different but we aren't letting anyone keep us apart. Not even you."

"This is ridiculous."

"Did anyone tell you that about you and daddy because you are black and he was white? DId they mom?"

"This is not the same."

"Yes it is. It's still discrimination. It's the same mom. Don't you get it that I don't care what people think or say about us. Don't you? Stef and I don't care."

"Lena, please tell me you and Stef have not...well...

"Yeah mom sex. Yes we have had sex ok."

"Jesus christ. I should have never sent you to California. It was the biggest mistake I ever made."

"No it was the best. I met the love of my life whether you like it or not. So please just leave me alone mom. Please."

"Times like this I wish your father was still here. I need his help right now."

Lena could only sniffle and feel her tears fall down her cheeks as she looked to the picture of her father on her nightstand. She to needed him for she knew he would understand. If anyone would it was him.

-------------

"Dad that's the house. Right there. Len show me pictures."

"You sure kiddo? Let's check the address again."

"I'm not a dumbass dad. It's the house."

"Alright, alright calm yourself." Frank said parking his car in front of the tiny Ohio home. In his mind he still didn't know if this was a good idea but he had to go with his gut. He had to go with his instinct as well and let his daughter she the one person she loved. Even if they were just teenagers he couldn't undermine it for that wasn't fair. But he was well aware that facing Dana would be a challenge one he was willing to accept. "Now hold on a second before we go in there. Just listen up for one second."

"Ok."

"You know her mother might not let you see Lena right? But I will try my best so that you can. But it doesn't give you any right to be rude or disrespectful. Understand."

"Sure dad. I get it."

"Stef I'm warning you."

"I told you I get it dad. I get it. I'll behave."

"Alright. I'm trusting you."

-------------------

Lena didn't even hear the doorbell as she laid in her bed taking a sip of the soup her mother left and putting it back. She hated it beyond belief as she got up and turned the TV to Dallas  letting it run as she laid in her bed like a dead person. But little did she know someone was standing in her doorway smiling from ear to ear.

"Still watch this cheeseball show huh?"

Wondering if her mind was playing tricks on her she got up seeing Stef in the doorway with her arms crossed and smiling wide. Was she dreaming? Was this happening? What.

"Stef?"

"Yeah. Come here baby!"

"Stef! Oh my god! Oh my god!!" Jumping up from her bed Lena ran into the blonde's arms as Stef picked her up holding her so close. Closer than she ever had.

"Baby. I love you so much and missed you so much. I missed you." She said kissing Lena's lips over and over as the young teen cried in her arms and Stef gently wiped her tears.

"Stef. I missed you too. I missed you so much it hurt. It hurt so much. It hurt so badly."

"I know love. I know. But I'm here now. I'm here my love, my love my love and you cry as long as you need. I'm never letting you go. Ever."

------------------

:)