Other Books by Daniel Clausen

The Ghosts of Nagasaki (A Novel)

A modern day fantasy about healing and redemption

One night a foreign business analyst in Tokyo sits down in his spacious high rise apartment and begins typing something. The words pour out and exhaust him. He soon realizes that the words appearing on his laptop are memories of his first days in Nagasaki four years ago. Nagasaki was a place full of spirits, a garrulous Welsh roommate, and a lingering mystery. Somehow he must finish the story of four years ago--a story that involves a young Japanese girl, the ghost of a dead Japanese writer, and a mysterious island. He must solve this mystery while maneuvering the hazards of middle management, a cruel Japanese samurai, and his own knowledge that if he doesn't solve this mystery soon his heart will transform into a ball of steel, crushing his soul forever. Though he wants to give up his writing, though he wants to let the past rest, within his compulsive writing lies the key to his salvation.  

Available on Amazon.com

Something to Stem the Diminishing (A Short Story Collection)

Short stories about the depths of loss and regret

In a hotel room in Tokyo, a wife finds her husband bleeding to death after an earthquake. As this horrible man bleeds on the floor, she debates whether to save him or let him die. On a small island off Nagasaki, a writer makes his way through a town that is slowly fading away. In a small town in South Florida, a young orphan decides to leave the monsters in his home for the monsters in the wilderness. 

What are these stories and essays? Something revolutionary or something to stem the diminishing?  

Available on Amazon.com 

Reejecttion (A Short Story and Essay Collection)

Short stories that will make you think, laugh, and feel better about rejection

Have you ever faced rejection? How about reejecttion? 

This short story / essay collection looks at the challenges of being a writer, the challenges of being a human, and the challenges of being on the other side of a form rejection slip. 

We regret to inform you that when you read this short story collection you will laugh, you will scream, but mostly you'll wonder how getting reejectted ever felt so good.  

Available for free on Smashwords

🎉 You've finished reading Pure Writerly Moments (Blog Posts, Short Stories, and Musings on the Craft) 🎉