Nothing But The Truth

Prologue

            Have you ever wondered what your life would be like without certain people in it? Would you be more happy or depressed? Would you be an entirely different person altogether? Or even, what would your future look like?

            However, certain individuals, you can’t just block out of your mind. Everyone close to you leaves their mark, whether it’s a scar from pain or a tattoo of everlasting friendship. Whichever it is, it’s permanent meaning it obviously never goes away. Things like those, you don’t forget. Things like those don’t just drift away from your mind into an eternal abyss. The memories in the end are what chain you to the person. Sure, scars fade as well as tattoos I suppose over the course of time, but they never fully leave.

            This is a different kind of story, that involves the people I was close to, and how they left their mark. A story like this has hardly been told, but sometimes the key to letting go and making moments disappear for the briefest instant is writing them down as they were. Letting the memories seep in, and having that be alright. Sometimes in order to overcome pain is to face it, and the key to happiness is walking into it once more.