Chapter 4: One

"Adam, do not turn around. I'm back, because I really need you not to screw up and I don't trust you enough yet," I said, hoping not to startle him enough for any other Mogs to suspect anything. Thankfully, the only thing Adam does is he takes in a quick, sharp breath and exhales before anyone could notice.

I got this under control, okay? I might accidentally talk to you out loud if I'm not careful.

I pretend as if I didn't hear him.

"Okay, so this is the plan. For now, just do your own thing and if you get yourself into trouble, I'll try my best to get you out," I say.

"Adamus, I am speaking to you. Turn around," a harsh set of syllables hissed out of the Mogadorian general's mouth. He was speaking, and somehow, I could understand it.

"General, what happened?" Adam says with fake confusion as he turns around. I must say, he's a good actor.

"Answer me. Did it work, Adamus?" The General didn't even hesitate. What a dad.

"Did what wo- wait... Dr. Anu... the experiment..." as Adam pretends to think, I see the General's eyes open a bit, as if he's desperate for an answer.

"I don't... I don't remember anything while I was unconscious... It didn't work," Adam sighed and the General's shoulders sagged with disappointment.

"I thought so. After your first few months in a coma, my doubt in Anu's experiment only increased. It was right to execute him after all."

"General, how long have I...?"

"About a year."

A/N

helloooo fellow Lorics

again, I'm extremely sorry for the short chapters but I'm just getting used to the updating schedule.

As always, dedicated to the marvelous @_MidnightShadow_ AKA My Bestfriend Thirteen

The next chapter will be super long, at least 1000 words to make up for the short chapters

See you next Friday!

Word Count: 303