Chapter 1: Adam

DISCLAMER(S):

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE SERIES. THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.
The characters do not belong to me, they are Pittacus Lore's, only the plot is mine. Also, only the text on the cover is mine, the art is not.

I feel memories flooding into my mind, but they're not mine. A new energy rushes into me, not like the dark, poisonous Mogadorian energy, it feels light and pure. I feel like I'm falling through my own mind, but I'm never going to hit the floo- OW. Nevermind. I stand up, somehow painlessly, and look around. Before my eyes land on anything specific, I'm transported to a wide open space, with lush green pastures and clear skies. The landscape feels kind of, well, surreal, I guess, and it has this sort of dreamy feeling to it. I suddenly hear voices, children voices, and I turn around.

"Come on!" A little blonde haired girl, about three years old, pulls a young woman along excitedly. It only takes me a couple seconds to register that these people are Loric. There's something familiar about the child...

"Alright, alright, slow down," said the woman, grinning.

"No, you hurry up, Mommy!" The toddler laughed. The mother swooped up her child and started tickling her. They burst out into a fit of giggles, and once they settled down, bright smiles plastered onto their faces, they sat down and enjoyed the view.

After a while, the toddler softly yawns and lays her head on her mother's lap and falls asleep. My heart melts as I realize that my race has taken this away from thousands of Lorics just like these.

We're monsters.

"Who are you?" An older version of the child's voice says behind me. I whirl around and I see, well, an older version of the child. Only then I realize that the memory I had been experiencing belonged to Number One.

"Um, h-hello, I'm Adam. I'm a," I sigh, "a Mogadorian."

A face of aggression washes over her and her arms cross over her chest. I can tell she's fighting tears.

"Well Adam. Have you seen what you ugly, disgusting, shameful creatures have done to our lives? Or is your heart still as cold and empty as your brain?" My heart drops and I look at the woman.

"What does that feel like?" I ask.

"What do you mean, 'what does that feel like?'"

"Having a family like that, I mean," I say, "I have a family, sure, but they don't care about me. They'll hate me if I do anything wrong. Scratch that, they already hate me." One's arms drop down and I can see her hard, protective shield drops a bit.

"It's... unexplainable. It's as if anything could happen and, as long as you're with them, everything's gonna be okay." A tear rolls down her cheek. "But everything's not okay. Your people took that away from us."

"I'm... I'm so sorry," I choke out.

One looks up, confusion and softness painted onto her face. She walks up to me and swiftly wraps me into a hug.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault," she says. She pulls back, but keeps her arms on my shoulders and studies me.

She smiles and my heart pounds. She's beautiful.

"Besides, you're not like the others. You're... different."

A/N
Heylo fellow Loric/Human-Garde/human/Chimæra/whatever-da-heck-you-are

Totally stealing a bunch of A/N things from the fantastic _MidnightShadow_ go read her fanfic if you love Navrina which you do ok

This is my first fanfic so constructive criticism is great
It's welcome
You can do it
If you have time
If you want to
You get the point 😂

My posting schedule will be whenever I can because school is annoying and such things but once summer comes there will be an actual, legitimate, posting schedule so ya

Dedicated to _MidnightShadow_
AKA My Bestfriend Thirteen

Thank you all so much for reading and enjoy!

Word count: 669