Chapter Twenty-Six - The Demon King's Gift

Depuis le début

"You found Bane?" Sebastian snapped at Nicholas.

Nicholas nodded. "I did."

Sebastian threw up his hands in frustration. "And?"

Nicholas lips twitched. "He's managed to become a witch's familiar."

Victoria and Jasper both gawked.

"You're kidding," Sebastian said. "He's a Chevalier. How did that happen?"

"Apparently she was attempting to summon her familiar...for the third time...and it backfired." Nicholas chuckled and shrugged.

Sebastian began to pace, rubbing one of his horns. "This is just fucking great. We need him here."

"He is loath to leave her. He worries for her safety. And with the familiar bond he can't be away from her for long periods. It would drive him mad."

"Then he can bring her here," Sebastian stated firmly.

"The witch is being difficult. She has a thing against demons."

"Damn it, we are going to war Nicholas. He is my first general. This is inexcusable," Sebastian nearly shouted.

Victoria sighed. Lately it had been controlled chaos at the castle. After the ghoul attack Sebastian announced he was aligning with the Ascended. Charles had been ecstatic. Not only did they have the Demon King on their side but they just scored a strategic genius.

Ready to lead once more Sebastian strived to bring the demon clans back to order. Over the centuries some of the clans had begun to war among themselves, others had joined the Legion. Clan leaders had been in and out of the castle constantly as he worked to rebuild loyalties.

War against the demon lord Ivan was imminent.

"If you have to drag the damn witch by her fucking hair make it happen," Sebastian snarled.

Victoria winced. She could tell her demon was on the edge of another rage. Standing she went to him, placing her hand over his chest. He stiffened, glancing down at her. Then he dragged in a deep breath, his eyes becoming more focused.

"Just get him here," he ordered. Then he tugged on Victoria's hand. "I have something for you."

She grinned. "Another present?" He gave them to her often.

He nodded. "Yes, but this one is special."

With her interest peaked she let him lead her out of the great room and upstairs to their bedroom. Inside he sat in a chair by the fire, pulling her onto his lap. Desire was already curling in her stomach.

Reaching in his pocket he pulled out a rectangular wooden box. Her breath hitched. It was too big to be a ring, but still it made her heart stammer.

Handing it to her Sebastian said, "Open it."

Gnawing her lip she opened the box. A beautiful gold amulet gleamed up at her. It was slightly larger than a quarter with a dark blue sapphire at the center and tiny etchings intricately carved around the edge.

"I had this specially made for you," Sebastian told her. Tugging on a chain around his neck he pulled another amulet out from under his shirt collar. "It's a matching set."

"It's beautiful, Sebastian," she breathed.

Swallowing he said softly, "It's an Amulet of Teleportation."

Her brows knitted as she looked up at him. "What does that mean?"

He smirked. "Only a high level witch can make them, and they don't do it for just anyone. You can use it to teleport anywhere you wish."