Chapter 2: Party

I yawned as I walked onto the pitch again, my keeper kit standing out in the bright sunlight. I was feeling a bit sluggish, but I get into it once I'm going in training and I get focused. 

I stole a glance at Neymar, who was already looking at me. He rolled his eyes, but it looked more forced than anything, and returned to his conversation with Xavi, Victor and Jose. 

I walked up next to Marc and Gerard who were chatting aimlessly, but I didn't really pay attention. I just couldn't stop thinking about that little jerk of a forward, thinking he was all that because he could actually score goals, like ohh, congratulations. Big whoop. 

I don't know who he thinks he is, but it's none of my business. I'll just goal-keep while he does his thing- amazing thing- with Leo. Even though I dislike him, he is a great player. Except he kind of flops around out there. But, I wouldn't understand, right? I'm just a keeper.

"You awake there, Pilar?" Gerard chuckled, snapping me back to attention. 

"Yeah, yeah." I sighed. "I'm here. Kind of." 

"Lost in thought, huh?" Marc asked. 

"You could say that." I nodded. "I'm just pondering some things."

"What kind of things?" He asked. 

"Things." I said with a small smirk. 

"How mysterious." Gerard rolled his eyes. "I'll stay up forever trying to figure out." 

"I sense a bit of sarcasm, G." I replied. "I'm hurt."

"I think you'll live." Marc laughed. "Have fun training."

"Oh, I always do." I gave a wink and walked to my side of the pitch. There's nothing more fun than throwing yourself on the ground a hundred times. 

Later...

I hummed along to the melody of my favourite song while putting on my pajama shorts. My apartment was smoking hot, three fans were rotating and making lot's of noise in attempt to keep it cool. Or at least tolerable.

I could hear my phone ringing, and I went to pick it up. It was Marc, of course. "Hello?"

"Pilar! Party at my place to celebrate the season starting. I'm on my way to pick you up!" he said excitedly. With a click signaling he hung up, I had less than ten minutes to hustle and get ready. And by ready, I meant jeans and a shirt, maybe some mascara if they're lucky. 

...

"Wow, you really dressed up." Marc said, poking fun at me.

"I guess I could use the excuse that you didn't give me enough time but I'd be lying." I shrugged as he drove. 

"I see, I see." He laughed. "I don't think anyone would mind."

"True." I agree. 

"Anyways, I'm only asking for one thing." He said seriously. "Play nice with Neymar." 

"It's hard because he's such an ass." I muttered.

"Just try, alright?" He asked. "For me."

"We'll see. No offence but your friend is incredibly rude."

"He's actually a really nice, fun guy. You just need to get to know him better." He replied. "You guys will be the best of friends by the end of the season, I'd put money on it!"