Chapter 1

Steel on steel. The clattering of bogies hitting rail joints at a consistent, rapid pace. A half-mile long, silver snake hidden in the darkness of night, weaving around curves of the Canadian marsh. Furs onboard either retreated to their dorms, catching Z's in their seats, or dining in one of the several bars and diners onboard. The half-century old carriages bounce along the century old ties, and newborn rails. The driver at the helm set on pulling into Winnipeg before midnight.

Security flood the space between the last sleeper car, and the lounge-observation at the tail of the train. The Prime Minister sits in the tail, at a wooden, round table. Across from the powerful bull, sat a seductive, yet menacing, bunny. Of all things, a bunny is now scary? Her fur was black on white with neon pink blotches. Her hair came down over her left eye, a bleach blonde, and her bright lips reflected the light of the florescent lights.

"So how does this go?"

"Well," she began with a smirk. "You write the check for thirty million, you can keep your explosives... or. We can take them, your check book, and kill you here."

"I will not be threatened, and I will most certainly not sell out! You're fucking insane if you believe I will."

"My guards aren't afraid of a little tussle. Your men are nothing in comparison to mine, and if it gets to option B, I'm going to be the one who walks out of here... And you'll be the one sitting in the chair, a bullet in his head, bleeding all over that expensive suit. Sell out or not, you're cornered."

"Pull the break and call the police!"

"Do that, and I'll blow up everyone on this joint. You have three crates of your explosives up in the baggage car, trust me I know."

The Minister gulped. "You wouldn't blow up everyone, not yourself at least."

"Oh really? I can stand in a little fire," she said, a blue glint in her eyes.

"Fine, why? First I want to know why?"

"BECAUSE YOU TURNED ME INTO THE FREAK I AM!" Her eyes, that were once a subtle chocolate, were now a Caribbean Sea blue. Her pink blotches were now close to navy blue. Both her paws on the table, she took the Minister by surprise. "YOU AND YOU'RE STUPID LITTLE EXPERIMENT PROJECT THAT BACK FIRED TURNED ME INTO THE DEVILISH FUR BEFORE YOU, AND YOU GET TO WALK OUT SCOT FREE? I WAS A SUCCEEDING MAJOR IN COLLEGE, I HAD A JOB AND A FAMILY! THEN YOU FUCKING DID THIS TO ME AND TURNED A BLIND EYE TO THE OTHERS WHO ALSO FELL VICTIM? I THINK THE FUCK NOT!"

"Please. I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'll write the check!"

She was still riveting. She turned around and whispered something to the closest guard. With a nod, he disappeared through the doors and into the next sleeper car.

"Dispatch to service number one, we've got a delay about three miles up from you. We're throwing you into the siding at milepost sixty-four," rang up through the radio.

"We're already late as is. I'm due into Winni in about forty minutes and I'm still close to an hour out. Is it mandatory to stop or can I at least reduce my speed," the driver replied.

"Mack, we're always late, freight services have priority, just pull over, it's not like this is anything new," the canine next to the driver shrugged.

"Yea, but they're having a two for one sale over at a Popeyes and if we're at least on time to Winnipeg, I can get some fucking chicken."