04

Blood crusted around the edge of her knuckles as she continuously hit the punching bag. She was supposed to go through Loki's memories but instead they went through hers, that is if he was telling the truth and they were hers.

"What did that bag do to you?" Stark quipped, looking over the damaged punching bag that would definitely need to be thrown out. Her hands dropped to her side as a small smile formed on her face.

"Fury's hiding something- not just from me but from all of us." She announces, taking a gulp of water afterwards then crossing her arms over her chest.

"What did Loki show you?"

"He said it was one of my memories." She gave no more information. "Back to Fury, do you know what he's hiding?"

"Not yet." Stark looked around the room at the training agents that showed zero interest in their conversation. Gesturing his head towards the door, he walks forward waiting for Josie to follow him.

She follows him until they reach, Banner's lab. "Would it be okay if we do this after I shower?" She muttered, grossed out by the sweat that covered almost every inch of her body.

"No. Look- we need you to do some magic thing on Loki's sceptre." Stark points to the sceptre.

"We're asking for help." Banner corrects. "Would you be able to use any form of your magic on this- we want to see how it would react?" He smiled softly at her.

"Okay." She walks closer to the sceptre, holding her hand out, a white lisp flows from her finger tip towards the sceptre, wrapping around it. Seconds later the three were blown back, hitting the floor as a white light blinds them. Blowing out a breath, she turns to Stark, "can I shower now?"

———————————————

Scrunching her hair with the towel, Josie leaves her bathroom; bumping into Agent Noah. "What are you doing in my room?" She throws her towel on her bed and crosses her arms over her chest.

"To give you this." He holds out the same stele as the day before. She stares at him, her hands still crossed over her chest as she made no move to take the stele. "I'm just doing my job."

"What is your job?"

"To train you. Help your powers develop-"

"To use me." She snaps, brushing past the Agent who then grabbed her arm. A knife finds it way to his throat, a white aura with blue tints surrounding the knife. With one last look at the Agent, she leaves her room, the knife dropping as she does.

———————————————

Strolling into Banner's lab, Josie's eyes flickered around until they landed on a screen that Stark stood next to.

"Fray, thank you for coming back. We'd...like to run more tests if that's okay with you?" Banner asked.

"Sure." She shrugged, clenching her hands as she felt a strong surge crawling it's way up her spine. Since she had gone into Loki's head, or hers, she had been feeling strange, more nervous, more angry and frustrated.

"How did you get your powers?" Stark queried, his fingers tapping on the edge of a table as his eyes glanced to the screen next to him before turning back to Josie.